5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Donny

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Donny »

Tarbs, I thought I told you not to bring Banksy along?! Sorry guys be patient with him, he's getting on a bit and can't get a game anywhere else.....
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

Who is this 'Donny' fella? I seem to recall someone called Donny who used to play some months ago, silver fox in a superlative conspiracy hoody, but I haven't seen him up the pitches in a while...
Donny

Post by Donny »

its true I've been AWOL for several weeks touring my soccer skills master class in Europe and the US....

I'm back next week, with some new tricks - Ulysses confirming my availabilty for the 13th July
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Nice mate,

You're first name on the teamsheet for the 13th. It'll be good to see you again mate.
Last edited by Ulysses on 7 Jul 2010 05:52, edited 1 time in total.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Hi there,

just wondering if there was anymore room for one more player at Sydenham. Im just looking for a regular bit of football for at least the next two months, and it would be great if it turned out there was a space here.

Let me know, and no problem if there's no more space,

cheers, Tom.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Tom,

There is always room. We tend to average around 12-16 players a week. This is made up of a core group of regulars and is supplemented by some more occasional players who dip in and out.

It may well be too short notice but we are 13 tonight. IF there was some way you could come along it would mean we have a nice even 14. If you cannot make it at short notice - and I understand if you cannot - then please just post your availability to play by Monday lunchtime of each week.

Best,

Gregory
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Good game tonight. Please post your availability for July the 14th:

1, Donny
2, Ulysses
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'm in.
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

Count me in
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Think I'm going to be out for a few weeks unfortunately. If things improve a bit and you're short of a player or two, I might volunteer to play in goal; although after last night's performance you might decline the offer.
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

I'm in
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

I'm also going to be out for at least two weeks. The doc told me to rest up and has also referred me for an x-ray.
Middlesbrough

Post by Middlesbrough »

Count me in
sydenhamboy

Post by sydenhamboy »

Great game - quite close again. Although I had the touch of an overweight underskilled dollop. Anyway, enough of Rooney.

I'm in for Weds.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Just as an aside, when I do return I'll be bringing a new player along. He's another fellow Fireboxer and quite handy as it happens. He should be a regular, going forwards.
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Looks like we've a few walking wounded? Understood Marathon and Joe Pineapples that you need to take a fortnights break, or so

Now that the Fowler brothers won't be around it would be a shame if we were to revert back to the 5s pitch so please if you're reading and are free come along...we're getting some great games on the 7s pitch!

Just as an aside, due to my *ahem* combative style of play I've done my ribs again - hence my subdued performance last Weds. Unless I can get something other than Naproxen for the pain then I might also have to rest up. If the quack gives me some co-codamol then I'll be fine and all Mascherano like again!
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

I'm in for 13th.
chrelcombe

Post by chrelcombe »

Or even the 14th.
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I'm in for the 14th
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Chaps, i realise i have been missing for quite some time. I think my successors and all participants have done an exceptional job of improving the Wednesday evenings.

I have had some inofrmation regarding a Human Table Football Tournament in Mayow Park on Sunday 18th July from 12.30pm

http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5041

Although the photographs on the link depict children, this is a tournament that will be contested very competitively by adults. I think it is 5 or 6 a side. I shall start a separate thread on this, but thought you guys are potential winners in waiting.