5-a-side footie

Home of 5-a-side footie and any other Sydenham Club who needs a forum for discussion or planning
Columbus

Re: 5-a-side footie

Post by Columbus »

To confirm I am out for this wednesday and also 4th/11th august. i should be able to play (not 100%) on 18th august but prob won't post until the tuesday.
Joe Pineapples

Post by Joe Pineapples »

Unfortunately looks like I'm out until the beginning of September. Got some tendon damage and needs another 4-5 weeks to heal.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

There are 5aside pitches in Home Park.
gurka

Post by gurka »

Have seen on Saturday mornings there are some guys playing on the pitches, I was asked to join in but it was way to hot !!
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Hi Lee,

I think we'll pass. We hire out the pitch at Beckenham as they have goals, barriers and high fences (important for our shooting levels!) and an all-weather pitch plus floodlights for the darker evenings. Home Park has none of these but I hope the pitch gets used.

Besides, Home Park strikes me as not being the safest of areas of late with two stabbings in as many months and the police helicopter a seemingly permanent fixture hovering/circling over that area.

Thanks all the same.
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Bit of chafing on the old dry lining there Joe?

I expect to be out next week unless I can get the results of my x-ray before weds and an all clear from the quack. And advanced warning that I am not available for the 9th or the 16th august.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Diamondmaker

Post by Diamondmaker »

in for next week if it goes ahead please
Tarbs

Post by Tarbs »

I'm in for 4th August

Out for 11th and 18th August (holiday)

Should be back for 25 August, but I get back to the UK late on Tues 24th so I won't be able to post. I will text Donny and ask him to post my availability.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

"Besides, Home Park strikes me as not being the safest of areas of late with two stabbings in as many months and the police helicopter a seemingly permanent fixture hovering/circling over that area. "

Sorry, that comment REALLY p*ssed me off.

It was safe for me on my own using the gym yesterday, safe for the community groups who use it, safe for the children I saw yesterday on the new gym, safe for the young people using the adventure playground, safe for the mums and children who go to the library and then let their kids play in the playground, safe for the church groups and local schools who use the outdoor classroom and safe for the new young peoples 5 aside teams who play there.

I would have thought 10 grown men will be 'safe' playing 5 aside.

You walk in Crystal Palace Park don't you, or go to Westlow Hill and they have, sadly, had murders there too. Bad stuff happens. Everywhere.
bazwaldo

Post by bazwaldo »

Hi guys, apologies for not making it to footy last night, was feeling poorly at the end of the day (not alcohol related I hasten to add!) and didn't feel up to playing. Did you get enough for a good game?

Will be OK for next Wednesday.

Bazwaldo
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

That's fair enough Lee. But please remember that it is not an unfair comment and is one man's perception based on increasing levels of anti-social behaviour and fatal-incidents that occur in the vicinity of Home Park. Deal with it, as in get over it, if it p*sses you off so much.

This is probably not the place for a debate as to whether or not 'safe' is an adequate or realisitc description for the streets around Home Park. I can think of many, many descriptive words for the Home Park/Bell Green area and safe would be not currently be one of them. Feel free to post one of your questionnaires on Town Hall to get a feel for the opinions of others. I'd be surprised if the majority opinion did not chime with mine...indeed even if it did not, it's one man's opinion. And this one man very much feels as if some of the individuals in/near Home Park are dragging the greater perception of Sydders on a very much downward-spiral. You are correct to highlight that it could happen anywhere. Increasingly though, it appears to be occuring with alarming regularity in the band of streets from Kent House Road to the SavaCentre. Hence my comment.

So, to the football.

Thanks to those who have alreay posted their availabilty for next week:

1, Diamondmaker
2, Tarbs
3, Bazwaldo
4, Ulysses
Last edited by Ulysses on 29 Jul 2010 13:10, edited 1 time in total.
parklife

Post by parklife »

I'm in
Fatbackfour

Post by Fatbackfour »

I'm in for Wednesday 4th August
Donny

Post by Donny »

I'm in for 4th Aug
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

Looking healthier for next week. Here's hoping for a game of 7s.

Especially as the kitty is taking a hammering at the moment. For example; last night being 8 players the pitch costs £62.50 but we only got £48 in fees. We're losing £14.50 per week at this rate. This has been the case for a few weeks (not making 10 players) so the kitty is much depleted:

Anyway, keep 'em coming for next week! Cheers lads.

1, Diamondmaker
2, Tarbs
3, Bazwaldo
4, Ulysses
5, Donny
6, Fatbackfour
7, Parklife
cyclesteve

Post by cyclesteve »

Chucking my boots in the ring for the 4th .......... Ta !!
Marathon

Post by Marathon »

Ulysses - you do know that it is cheaper to book online? I know it's a hassle having to arrange a cash payment into your bank account but it cuts the cost of a 5's pitch by about £4 quid, from memory, so depletes the kitty at a much less alarming rate when fewer than 10 turn up.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Ulysses

Post by Ulysses »

I do thanks Marathon. I think you're right; you save about £3-4 on the 5s and the 7s accordingly by booking online. Where we struggle the most is with certain people who still think it's cool to be 'fashionably late' and let us know they'll be gracing us with their attendance on Tuesday or even Wednesday. Even though since day dot we've asked for players to register by Monday lunchtime. Is it that f*cking hard? Honestly?

When you are then forced to be so close to deadline it is easier and more convenient (the online site is not strictly 'live') to just ring them up and book it.
droidathon

Post by droidathon »

I am in for 4th August... Wooooo! Is kick-off still 8.30?

Droid.
biscuitman1978

Post by biscuitman1978 »

I'm in for 4 August.