refuse dump nr Sydenham?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
solon1972

refuse dump nr Sydenham?

Post by solon1972 »

Not sure If Ive got the right area of the forum everyone but looking for some advice on the best/closest refuse/recycling tip to use for the Sydenham area - Ive got to get rid of an old carpet and chair and struggling to find anywhere except the council site in new cross..

are there any alternatives out there?
simon

Post by simon »

St Gothard Road between paxton green and west dulwich has a lambeth dump and recycling centre. Its only meant to be used by lambeth residents but Ive been using it for years with no questions asked.
Illuminance

Post by Illuminance »

The easiest tip to get to is Churchfield Road in Penge.

Similar to Simons reply, it's not in Lewisham so you'll have to pay a few quid but it's probably cheaper than the fuel spent driving to New Cross in weekday traffic.
leaf

Post by leaf »

is it any wonder people fly tip?
Janeco

Post by Janeco »

You may find this website useful (though presumably your stuff is beyond any hope of anyone wanting it?).

http://www.reuze.co.uk/home.shtml

You can advertise stuff to give away and there are also links to charities that will come and collect.

Jane
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

Try Springfield Road... if it's good enough for fly tippers...

(this weeks latest additions - a mattress, parts of beds and a microwave, to add to the natty living room chair in Lawrie Park Road). :evil:
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Try Hall Drive!
They (well two houses) have recently been caught dumping their rubbish on other peoples property.

ps And yes I can name them!
Greg Whitehead

Post by Greg Whitehead »

Try Springfield Rise. Keep knocking on the doors asking for ChrisF until he "openz da door man". Then just dump your rubbish on his lawn repeating the "dumping me trash, saves me sum cash (sic)" mantra he has so often spouted on this forum.

*Bump* ChrisF, were are you when you could actually be of some use for the first time ever. This guy wants to know the best place to dump his rubbish.

@ The Eagle - do tell more :wink:
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Greg Whitehead wrote:
@ The Eagle - do tell more :wink:
Well Lewisham Council (reinforcement team) are currently dealing. If they are prosecuting I do not want to jeopardise anything. But they live at numbers # صÆ and ¶¿§ in Hall Drive :wink:
Annie

Post by Annie »

:) Hiya Eagle
perhaps you could ask the residents of Hall Drive not to park outside the houses in LPG taking our parking spaces when there are plenty of spaces on the opposite side of the road a little bit of consideration would go down a treat for being neighbourly.
Not blaming you Eagle but if you live there perhaps it could be mentioned at your next residents meeting.
Cheers. :wink:
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Annie

Knowing some of the residents of Hall Drive, if I mentioned it, I guarantee you that they would deliberately park outside your place..............do you live in Redbricks (I think it is called that) or the flats next to it?

Honestly 'some' of the Hall Drive residents think they are so so special and as the saying goes, "they think their **** don't stink".

I know I have mentioned it before, but they stopped that old disabled woman parking her car in the road and whenever you walk down Hall Drive at nights, the residents who have about 5 cars park them on the drive ways (outside their premises)
Annie

Post by Annie »

:) Hiya Eagle,
No i don't live in "Redgates"or the other flats.
I live in a house,but i'm fed up with the residents and visitors of Hall drive taking the p**s and parking directly outside our houses.
although i must say this last week has been a bit better.........perhaps the offenders have had a change of heart and decided to be neighbourly a? :wink:
nork1
Location: Banned myself - can't be bothered with the Greg/Ulysses show anymore

Post by nork1 »

The power of the internet - my advert for dumping stuff in Springfield Road has paid dividends! We now have a fridge-freezer to go with the rest of the crap they've dumped!

Can someone dump a Ferrari and the keys - Friday will do, I'll be at home all day. Thanks.
randomv

Post by randomv »

Now this is funny. It appears that the trailer used to collect the stuff dumped in Springfield Road (last count: two mattresses, one fridge freezer and a microwave) has itself been dumped!!
There's a trailer jammed with stuff parked a foot or two away from the kerb on Lawrie Park Road, almost oppostie the Springfield Road turning. Springfield Road is clear of dumped goods..for a day or two at least.
Be interested to see if it's still there in the morning. I just walked past but don't usually go that way.