New bakery in Kirkdale

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Tim Lund

Re: New bakery in Kirkdale

Post by Tim Lund »

I responded to Nature Boy's comment here last night, but on reflection I think what I wrote would be better in the Town Pub, so instead, here's a picture of the loaf I bought at the new bakery yesterday - and yes, very nice it is

Here's where I moved my earlier response http://forum.sydenham.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=6132
DanW

Post by DanW »

Now that the bakery has been open a while, I just wanted to comment what great bread we've been getting from them - really good prices too. Croissants have been going down well too.

Definitely worth giving them a try if you haven't already.
sophie

Post by sophie »

We have had delicious almond croissants and also ready made sandwiches in baguettes. Excellent! All of them and the sandwiches were particularly good value and it was PROPER chicken not reconstituted yucky stuff!!! :D
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

i was their first customer at 7.30 this morning, closely followed by a string of others.

They have excellent products at very reasonable prices. They are a real draw to that part of Kirkdale
knid

Post by knid »

Can I add one more wholehearted vote of confidence for La Bonne. We go nearly every morning... those almond croissants are not helping my current drive to lose a bit of excess fat, but dammit, what a way to fail :)

I love the fact that it actually feels like a bakery in France (and is no more expensive than one), rather than some puffed up overdecorated and overpriced place like you would get in certain other areas of London. Let's hope that if there is more redevelopment of Kirkdale area that new business learn from its unpretentiousness...
Weeble

Post by Weeble »

I hadn't really paid much attention to the new bakery, assuming it would be a plain-white-loaf and sausage roll kind of place, but how wrong I was!

As mentioned above, it really does feel like a proper French bakery, with all the loaves, croissants and tarts you'd expect to see.

I also fear those almond and chocolate croissant will be the death of me.

Very pleased to have this just down the road.