Beltwood again - planning application this time.........

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
SydenhamHillAndy

Beltwood again - planning application this time.........

Post by SydenhamHillAndy »

I suppose it was inevitable but finally there is to be a planning application at Beltwood House - extract below

I write in regard to the future planning proposal for the above site. As you may be aware the site and listed buildings have been neglected for many years. My Client has recently purchased the site and is in the process of generating a sympathetic proposal, in consultation with the council, to refurbish Beltwood House and refurbish and extend the gatekeepers lodge. In addition it is proposed to deliver five executive houses within the curtilage of the site.

Us neighbours are invited to Beltwood on Monday to hear the proposals. Judging by the unsympathetic way that the road death memorial on Sydenham Hill was removed by them it would appear that they mean business. Are there any fellow Sydenhamites out there who understand planning regulations, specifically in regard to conservation areas and listed buildings who might trade knowledge for a warm beer at the Dulwich Woodhouse?