Childcare

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
kiddo1974

Childcare

Post by kiddo1974 »

Hi
Our son will soon be 2 years. Can anyone recommend a good daycare around please? Rubadubs is on top of our list but unfortunately, they have such a long waiting list. Any feedback on daycares around would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks v much.
KM

Re: Childcare

Post by KM »

Our kids (3 and 1) go to Cuddly Bear Daycare on Panmure Road. Lovely nursery, run in a house, by the lovely Heidi and staff. Outstanding Ofsted.
caz

Post by caz »

Depending on where you live, Kidsunlimited Beckenham is great (lots of outside space, lovely staff, happy kids). We also used the First Steps Montessori nursery in Upland Road (East Dulwich) some years ago and were very impressed but waiting lists are long. If term-time only provision isn't an issue, try the Cator Park Montessori nursery. Try and see many and take your son along - not every nursery suits every child and Ofsted reports only tell a very small part of the story. Good luck!
pocketpip

Post by pocketpip »

Hello,

I really struggled earlier this year due to the long wiating list at all of the 'good' nurseries- also saw about 15 childminders none of whom seemed quite right, then someone recommended Little Cherubs Nursery in Lower Sydenham which i had been put off by the way it looked, but my daughter has been there since January and I am so happy with it. It's not the smartest nursery, but the staff are so lovely and caring, and I know that I am leaving my daughter with people who really love children and enjoy looking after them. It's definitely worth a look to see how you feel about it!

Pippa
Suzee

Post by Suzee »

Hi,

We use Cornerstone Day Nursery on Trewsbury Rd (there is also a branch on Jews Walk). My son is 2 1/2 and has been going there since he was one. We're really happy with it.
Their details will be on the Ofsted website.

Sue
Dovie's Day Care

Post by Dovie's Day Care »

Dovie's Day Care

A new nursery in sydenham
141 Newland's Park

Sydenham,
Se26 5pp

W: http://www.doviesdaycare.co.uk
E: info@doviesdaycare.co.uk
T:02035835343, M:07946064427[/size]
More than 50% of the staff hold a minimum level 3 in Child Care and Education and have a combination of over 16 years of experience of working with children in their early years.[/color][/size][/color]
mysti77

Post by mysti77 »

If you are closer to forest hill there is townsend montossori
kiddo1974

Post by kiddo1974 »

Hi all,
Thanks so much for all your responses. Apologies that I didn't respond to it earlier. For some reason whenever we checked we didn't see any replies to our query. However, it all loaded on today. Weird!!! But really thanks v much.