Homeschooling

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
fanillier

Homeschooling

Post by fanillier »

Are there any homeschooling families in the Sydenham community?

I'm considering homeschooling my two sons and would love to meet other families in the community who homeschool their children.

Fatma

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Tim Lund

Re: Homeschooling

Post by Tim Lund »

Hi Fatma:

I know of two local families who have home-schooled at least part of the time, but I think the best contact may be someone who teaches art to home schooled kids. I'll PM you.
fanillier

Post by fanillier »

Thanks Tim, really appreciate that.

Mazzer

Post by Mazzer »

In the Living Water Supplies Cafe on the Crystal Palace triangle there's a flyer on their pin-board asking for local parents to get in touch who are interested in sharing their home-schooling info and ideas, at least that's what I think it was suggesting, don't have any details though, next time I'm up that way I'll try to take down the information.

Marie
fanillier

Post by fanillier »

Hi Marie,

Thanks! Now that I know about it will make an effort to get up there at some point.

KM

Post by KM »

Hi Fatma
Can I ask why you are considering home schooling / are already home schooling?
Kate
fanillier

Post by fanillier »

Hi Kate,

For lots of reasons really! I began researching in to the whole homeschooling opportunity when we lived in Auckland, NZ.

I believe we begun homeschooling our two boys the minute they were born and I would love to continue this dynamic of freedom for them to learn at their own pace whilst we assist them.

I feel that the current state of affairs surrounding academic education in England goes against many of my personal beliefs and ethics and it would serve no purpose to force our children in to the system (whilst they are so young and impressionable) that doesn't directly have their best interests at heart.

How about you? Why do you homeschool/send your children to school?