Pilates Class

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
TommyP

Pilates Class

Post by TommyP »

Hi there, I have recently moved to the area and am very keen to find a local pilates or yoga class - does anyone know of one? :D
Annie

Post by Annie »

:)
Hiya, welcome.
i used to go to a yoga class in the SPA Beckenham leisure center.
i really enjoyed it but got lazy haha, but they do all sorts of classes there including the obvious swimming. worth a look.
also i'm sure a while back there was a yoga class being held in St Bartholomews Church near Cobbs corner,not sure what it all was all about but might be worthwhile looking on the Church board.
Good Luck :lol:
annabel mclaren

Post by annabel mclaren »

There are excellent yoga and pilates classes at LA Fitness, Kirkdale, but you do have to join... otherwise, Felicity Goodison (who teaches one of the LA classes) has a yoga class at St Johns church, Penge on Wednesday nights - from 7.30 I think. There's the chance of another yoga class starting soon in the area - do PM me if you want more info!
Clare

Post by Clare »

There are fantastic pilates classes held in the small hall on Silverdale, just past the post office collection office. There are classes on Monday and Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. Wellbeing usually has a notice on their noticeboard about them. I've been going to them for the past year or so. I don't want to post the teachers details because he might not want them on the forum without his permission. If you need more info PM me and I can pass your details onto the teacher.
fatbob & lordclaire

Post by fatbob & lordclaire »

Hi there, Happy New Year.

I'm going mad trying to find an evening yoga class in Sydenham. I don't want to join LA Fitness as i already cycle so really just want a good class / or teacher 2 or 3 times a week.

If anyone can pass on any info/advice I'd be really chuffed.

thanks
Bullseye

Post by Bullseye »

Hi there
I'm a qualified Iyengar yoga teacher living in Sydenham. At the moment I'm teaching a small group in my home studio, but am investigating local halls for hire so I can start a larger class.
I would like to start a Saturday morning session from 9-10.30am and possibly a Tuesday evening class from 6 or 6.30pm.
In order to make it financially viable (with the cost of hall hire) I would need to have about 15 regular students.
Price would be £7.50 drop-in, or £6.50 if you pay for 10 classes in advance (obviously you may not want to invest in 10 clases until you've tried it out!)

Please let me know, via this forum, if you would be interested in either of these times.

Best wishes

Cathy
Annie

Post by Annie »

:lol:
Hiya Cathy,
I would be interested as long as it was up the Cobbs corner end of sydenham as i have a dodgey back and i am sure this would help it?
Personally i would be interested in the tuesday evening group, but i'm sure sat morning would be very popular as well.
if you do decide to do it please let me know.
Regards annie. :lol:
Bullseye

Post by Bullseye »

Hi Annie

Getting a hall on Tuesday evenings was proving difficult, so I've just booked one for a Saturday morning class.
It will start next Saturday, 3rd Feb, at Penge East Community Centre, which is right next to Penge East station. (Over the railway bridge in the car park on the Penge side) Is that too far away from Cobbs corner for you?

Let me know if you're interested and I'll send you the full details.

Best wishes

Cathy
Annie

Post by Annie »

:lol:
Hiya Cathy,I told you i am lazy! and i'm not kidding haha,
yes i'm sorry to say that i would have to WALK (rude word) or catch a bus to the penge halls,so to be honest it is to far for me but good luck with your venture, and if ever you get to start classes say at the Sydenham Tennis Club? or st Barts church etc i would be there!
Regards Annie :wink:
Murby

Re: Pilates Class

Post by Murby »

TommyP wrote:Hi there, I have recently moved to the area and am very keen to find a local pilates or yoga class - does anyone know of one? :D
Hello, I think one of my students has kindly recommended my class below.

I run several classes a week at Silverdale Hall, in Silverdale.

http://www.pilates-balance.com

Check out the website for more information, or email me at:

adam at pilates-balance.com

Best, Adam
pauadog

Pilates

Post by pauadog »

There are new Pilates classes at the All Saints Community Centre on Trewsbury Road on Wednesday evenings. They've only recently started, so if you're a beginner, they're good classes to go to. See www.pilatesclub.co.uk for details.
Lois

Post by Lois »

Thanks for that pauadog
I called and had a chat with Heather and unfortunately the night I can make is the Thursday class at Forest Hill and it's full
But I am on the waiting list :)