Police at top of Crystal Palace Park Road

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
groover6969

Police at top of Crystal Palace Park Road

Post by groover6969 »

I live near the top of Crystal Palace Park Road and last night heard an 'Oi stop' outside. I saw a couple of coppers wrestling someone to the ground. Then a couple more cars turned up. Then a couple of vans. All in all there must have been gettting on for 10 vehicles including unmarked cars and more than 25 police. Anyone have any idea what was occurring? I'm wondering what he'd done to warrant such a huge police prescence. It's just that I get annoyed that in 10 years of living in Sydenham I have never seen a copper walking the streets and yet you see huge numbers turn up to scenes like this. I'm sure a lot more locals would feel happier if there were more bobbies on the beat, especially around bits of Lower Sydenham, to discourage some of the more unsavoury characters that hang around.
Jo Christie-Smith

Post by Jo Christie-Smith »

Hi Groover,

I too live at the top of Crystal Palace Park Road but didn't hear anything...I must sleep sounder than I thought.

However, I maybe no good at hearing crimes being committed apparently outside my front door but I do chair the Crystal Palace Safer Neighbourhood Residents Panel and we are meeting next week, so I will find out what I can about what went on.

The Residents Panel is always keen to have more residents coming and even if you just come for one meeting it is really useful to the police. We're very keen to represent people just luc you, who just dno't see any meaningful police presence.

If you area Lewisham rather than a Bromley Council tax payer, however, you will be covered by the Sydenham Town safer neighbourhoods team.

If you are interested in coming to the meeting (on the 10th) then let me know and I will get hte details to you!