1950's Kilmorie Annex/Kelvin Grove School??

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Fluffbug

1950's Kilmorie Annex/Kelvin Grove School??

Post by Fluffbug »

In the 50's I was sent for a short time to what is now known as Kelvin Grove School, Kirkdale. I did not know it as that when I was there, I knew it as Kilmorie. I saw on an old forum entry of 2008 that there had been a "Kilmorie Annex" at Kelvin Grove and would like to know what that was all about if anyone remembers back that far.
limeygent

Re: 1950's Kilmorie Annex/Kelvin Grove School??

Post by limeygent »

I attended Kelvin Grove School in the 50s. Kilmorie was the school on Kirkdale, in front of the main Kelvin Grove building. As far as we knew at the time, the two schools were totally separate entities, there was an iron fence and wall in between, there was no connection between the two.
There was a prefab building with a playground on Kirkdale, the other side of Kelvin Grove, and another further up Kelvin Grove, but they both belonged to Kelvin Grove School. I'll see my sister over Christmas, she attended the year before I did, I'll ask her what she remembers, anyway that's my recollection.
Keith Walbridge.
limeygent

Re: 1950's Kilmorie Annex/Kelvin Grove School??

Post by limeygent »

My sister had nothing to add. There's a good shot of the building on "Google Street View".