Suspicious Activity Around Westwood Hill / Hall Drive

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Zoelee

Suspicious Activity Around Westwood Hill / Hall Drive

Post by Zoelee »

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to let people know of some problems we are having at the bottom of Westwood Hill...

There have recently been break-ins at Greenways and Hall drive, as well a van stolen from a driveway - Keys were in it, whilst a gardener was there - not at all wise, but people are obviously targeting the area.

There were also some suspicious characters peering through our gates last night, who ran off when seen.

Please just keep em peeled if you live in the area.
Eagle

Re: Suspicious Activity Around Westwood Hill / Hall Drive

Post by Eagle »

The crims certainly know where the money is in Sydenham
Micromel

Post by Micromel »

I've heard of a break in on Sydenham Park Road and on Lawrie Park Avenue. It's very rare that I see any Police on foot around Sydenham - they just tend to whizz up Westwood Hill in their unmarked cars.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ClaireyM

Post by ClaireyM »

Further down the hill in Queensthorpe Road, last Tuesday morning my Mum was aware of someone walking just behind her, and had a feeling that something wasn't right, so she stepped to the side between some parked cars and let them pass. She then spotted a neighbour and crossed the road to talk to them. She looked back at the person who had been behind her and she saw that he had his hood up and was wearing a mask. They then saw another guy walking along from the opposite direction, also wearing a mask with his hood up. The two guys disappeared from their view behind some parked cars, but then they heard a scream - turns out they had snatched a girl's handbag just as she'd come out of the Natwest bank. They ran off, chased by some workmen, who were unable to catch them.
My Mum had a lucky escape, but the poor girl who lost her bag had just taken £500 out for her work's petty cash, and had hurt her hand quite badly when she'd tried to cling on to her bag. The police recovered one man's mobile phone, which he dropped climbing a fence to escape, but they think it is pay-as-you-go, so they doubt they can trace him through it.
Please be alert when coming out of the bank - this happened at around 11am!
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

If she had 500 pounds cash on her very likely one of the crims was in the bank looking for best targets. In that case hopefully should be on camera.

I hope they catch them and hang , draw and quarter them at Mayow Park.
stuart

Post by stuart »

Micromel wrote:It's very rare that I see any Police on foot around Sydenham
There was one at 1pm today apparently ignoring the van parked on double yellow lines blocking the entrance next to Sydenham DIY.

Stuart
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

stuart wrote:
Micromel wrote:It's very rare that I see any Police on foot around Sydenham
There was one at 1pm today apparently ignoring the van parked on double yellow lines blocking the entrance next to Sydenham DIY.

Stuart
Stuart,
If he was one of the overweight ones (highlighted in recent thread) and bearing in mind
that it was 1pm, he may have been very focused on finding the best cafe! :lol: :lol:

Only joking but couldn't resist!
sydeman

Post by sydeman »

Thanks for warning. One of my neighbours saw some suspicious activity around Halifax Street off Kirkdale about a month or so ago, but nothing actually happend. The police were quick to respond though. I was mugged on a train coming into Sydenham at midday last September, phone was taken and i was abit roughed up. Sometimes it just makes me want to move from the area and you just have to be so careful. Is it me or is Sydenham getting worse?
Labanised

Post by Labanised »

Hi, did anyone hear or see the quadbike being chased by the police around kirkdale/ kelvin grove/ wells park a couple of evenings ago?

It was before 6pm I think.

I could hear the chappy zooming about and the police were seemingly intent on not letting him get away as, they brought out the big guns and unleashed the helicopter.