development on Kirkdale by Peak Hill: Why taking so long?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
KM

development on Kirkdale by Peak Hill: Why taking so long?

Post by KM »

Does anyone know what is happening with the new development on Kirkdale by Peak Hill; homes being built on behalf of Family Mosaic housing association? I think there are about 12 plots, which have taken over 2 years to build. Such a long time. Why? And surely this is a huge waste of money because of the time it is taking? I only ever see a few workmen on site at any one point.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
ALIB

Re: development on Kirkdale by Peak Hill: Why taking so long

Post by ALIB »

Could be many factors:

Not enough cash to fund the next phase of development. Lots of developrs go through cash-flow problems from time to time, which slows development.

Planning Conditions being discharged. This can take some time and some Conditions are more problematic than others.

Maybe they've altered the design part-way through the build so had to re-submit a revised Planning Application.

Workers not being available

Lack of potential buyers. So the build rate would be slowed until the market picked-up. This is because Council Tax on the completed buildings would have to be paid by the developer until the houses are sold.

Maybe they've hit a 'snag' with something they've dug up on site?

I doubt anyone is going to tell though :)