Ooh la laa

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
hollydolly

Ooh la laa

Post by hollydolly »

Hi, just moved to Sydenham and was wondering if anyone can tell me if it's any good? Or is there another hairdresser you can recommend? Thanks!
leenewham

Re: Ooh la laa

Post by leenewham »

Sydenham is great.
hollydolly

Post by hollydolly »

Not questioning Sydenham, I totally agree with you on that front. more wondering about the hairdressers by Penge East station! It goes by the name of Ooh la laa...
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Sorry, I know. I couldn't resist.

I had my hair cut there and they weren't bad. It's quite nice inside too. But I'm a bloke and rather easy to please. If I see hair falling on the floor and there isn't a bald patch I'm generally happy.
Columbus

Post by Columbus »

My wife used Ooh La La once and found it pretty good.

Generally she says Mastercutters near Lidl is really good, and I know a few others who've said the same.
simon

Post by simon »

My wife also likes Mastercutters and recommends it.
Annie

Post by Annie »

World of hair is good,looks terrible outside--could do with one of Lees makeovers! but the people inside are really lovely,and I have happily returned to them for the at least the last 20 yrs,
the shop used to be on the other side of the road, but moved over by the filling station a number of years ago.

Dont be put off by the way it looks. :D
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Where is World of Hair, is it the one next to the 'Discount Bathroom Centre' that isn't discount at all but rather well made, upmarket, bespoke kitchens.
Annie

Post by Annie »

leenewham wrote:Where is World of Hair, is it the one next to the 'Discount Bathroom Centre' that isn't discount at all but rather well made, upmarket, bespoke kitchens.

Erm, yes I think so,haha, all I know is its along side the petrol garage,it normally has a metal grille type shutter on the front window.looks scruffy-shame.

Nigel owns the hairdressers and Karen works there,but they are both good.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

My head hedge needs trimming at the moment, it's got out of control so I may venture up there. We are working on some Sydenham What If's at the moment, we are about to get busy again soon as we have some more GLA work to do. We did a Hairdressers for Hayes, I may suggest it to them if I pop in.

Why don't local shops name them after after their own names. I use local shops because I love speaking to Raph, Musti, Charles, Geraldine etc and the great service they give. World of Hair doesn't really feel like the sort of place that will give me the personal service I like in a barbers'hairdressers. It's interesting that you refer to the owners by name Annie!
Annie

Post by Annie »

leenewham wrote:My head hedge needs trimming at the moment, it's got out of control so I may venture up there. We are working on some Sydenham What If's at the moment, we are about to get busy again soon as we have some more GLA work to do. We did a Hairdressers for Hayes, I may suggest it to them if I pop in.

Why don't local shops name them after after their own names. I use local shops because I love speaking to Raph, Musti, Charles, Geraldine etc and the great service they give. World of Hair doesn't really feel like the sort of place that will give me the personal service I like in a barbers'hairdressers. It's interesting that you refer to the owners by name Annie!
As I said its a very understated place,they are so friendly and nigel has a real sense of humour!
Karen works for Nigel, I think Nigel is the sole owner.
I have been to other places around the area, but for me I prefer this place.
worth a try I reckon. :)
hollydolly

Post by hollydolly »

Thought I'd give a quick update. Went and braved the unknown and got highlights done at Ooh La Laa. Really impressed, they did a fab job and were really friendly. Definately a keeper (so long as they do a decent haircut as well!) Very impressed. Got a mini-mani while I was there, which I am also still impressed with, and I am seriously fussy about my nails!
Mazzer

Post by Mazzer »

Brilliant, thanks for the update hollydolly, I'll give it a try! x