KFC in Savacentre grounds?

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Checkmate

KFC in Savacentre grounds?

Post by Checkmate »

A few months back, on one of my (frequent) visits to Penge KFC, a guy was in there doing a survey of KFC customers... Questions along the lines of "If a new KFC restaurant was to open in Lower Sydenham area would you use that one or this one."

Last time I was at savacentre I noticed a sign on the flats they are building outside mentioning "Space for restaurant opportunities."

Does anyone know if KFC are planning to open under these flats?
Eagle

Re: KFC in Savacentre grounds?

Post by Eagle »

Not sure you can describe KFC as a restuarant.

More Junk Food.

Where will be elite of Lower Sydenham eat.
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

Swagger wrote:You can't. Fried chicken outlets are dens of iniquity and cholesterol. Another one in Lower Sydenham won't go without company. In any case, I hope they'll have CCTV to capture all the inevitable friction between the aspiring RnB artists and pond life that'll feed and fight there
Sad , but so very true
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Surely all the posh people moving into the new appartments down there will require posh eating establishments.
Annie

Post by Annie »

Eagle wrote:Surely all the posh people moving into the new appartments down there will require posh eating establishments.

HeeHee----- :wink:
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

Just to be clear, I wasn't attempting to comment on the rights or wrongs of another chicken shop appeaaring in the Sydenham area, or the rights or wrongs of eating a high-fat diet. Whether you personally enjoy KFC or similar fast food establishments or not, you must concede that such places are popular and successful. You could argue that the coming of the world's largest fried chicken chain to Sydenham might force some of its smaller competitors out, thereby reducing the number of chicken shops.....

And any place where you can eat the food in the same building where you buy it would be considered a restaurant, surely? As opposed to a "takeaway" where there are no facilities in the establishment to eat the food you have purchased there in situ.

Regardless of everything above, I was actually trying to find out whether KFC are coming to Sydenham or not, and not seeking to start a(nother) debate on the proliferation of chicken shops in the area.
Annie

Post by Annie »

Gotcha. :)
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Fully understand Checkmate that you are not discussing the poultry number or otherwise of chicken shops in SE26
Annie

Post by Annie »

Eagle wrote:Fully understand Checkmate that you are not discussing the poultry number or otherwise of chicken shops in SE26
we don't want any egg -aggeration do we Eagle?
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-17867168

Fast-food giant KFC has been ordered to pay $8.3m (£5.1m) to the family of an Australian girl left severely brain damaged after being poisoned by a chicken meal.

Monika Samaan fell ill with salmonella poisoning after eating a "Twister" wrap at a KFC restaurant near Sydney in 2005.

The poisoning left her wheelchair-bound and unable to speak.

KFC said it was "deeply disappointed" by the decision and would appeal.
'Limited resources'

A judge of the Supreme Court of the state of New South Wales awarded the A$8m damages after ruling last week that KFC had breached its duty of care to the girl.

The family's lawyer, George Vlahakis, said they were relieved by the decision.

"Monika's severe brain damage and severe disability has already exhausted the very limited resources of the family," he said.

"Monika is now a big girl and they are finding it increasingly difficult to lift her and to look after her basic needs as well as look after Monika's younger siblings.

"The compensation ordered is very much needed. KFC have to date been determined that Monika does not receive a cent."

KFC, which is owned by Yum! Brands, expressed surprise at the judge's ruling, insisting the evidence did not show it caused Monika's disability. It has indicated it will appeal.

"We feel deeply for Monika and the Samaan family. However, we also have a responsibility to defend KFC's reputation as a provider of safe, high-quality food," a company manager said.

The court was told that Monika was in a coma for six months after she, her parents and brother fell ill with vomiting and diarrhoea after sharing the wrap, the AAP news agency reports. The other family members all recovered.

The family's lawyer told the court that at busy times, the restaurant would reuse chicken that had been dropped on the floor.
Annie

Post by Annie »

I would never eat in a place like KFC anyway, I am very aware of the enormous risk of under cooked chicken.
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

Me neither.

That news story makes me feel positively unwell. :(
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

Well I eat far too often in KFC, and I'm not dead yet.

Nobody knows about KFC opening down there then?
Annie

Post by Annie »

Checkmate wrote:Well I eat far too often in KFC, and I'm not dead yet.

Nobody knows about KFC opening down there then?

Mon-9am-6pm
tues-9am-6pm
wed-9am-6.30pm
thurs-7.30am-8.30am-----to allow for breafast,lunch,and dinner (being as its payday for some)
fri-10am-12am-----cos spent all wages last night
sat---closed
sun---closed---sacred sunday dinner day.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Swagger
A rather sweeping statement , possibly with some truth in it.

But be like me . Tolerance to all.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Swagger
I have no intention of entering a poultry shop myself and have not done so for many years, so to be honest no idea what type of people frequent it.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Swagger wrote:[...] aspiring RnB types with a chip on their shoulder [...]
What's a 'RnB type' please?
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Looks just like a group of ordinary young men to me.
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

Swagger wrote:Eagle, your typical customer is either a slob with an attitude problem or a scowling 'youth'.
I'm neither.
Swagger wrote:Two of those young men are wearing masks in broad daylight. Do you consider it "ordinary" for young men to go about in public with their faces covered?
Muslim women can get away with it.

Swagger, you fail to consider the *time* that these people you brand "unsavoury types" hang around chicken shops.

Whenever I go to KFC Penge - usually between 4pm and 6pm - the clientele mainly consists of parents, with or without children, buying dinner for their families. I can honestly say that I have never seen groups of youths with masks on playing loud RnB music or stabbing and robbing people. And, as said previously, I frequent this particular KFC branch far too often!
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

Swagger wrote: Two of those young men are wearing masks in broad daylight. Do you consider it "ordinary" for young men to go about in public with their faces covered?
I must say I didn't particularly notice the 'masks' (scarves?) - aren't they usually just a fashion thing?