Moderation of KFC in Savacentre grounds

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc
Dorian

Moderation of KFC in Savacentre grounds

Post by Dorian »

Admin, why has GB's "opinion" been deleted ? Just asking
Lord_Elpus

Re: KFC in Savacentre grounds?

Post by Lord_Elpus »

Good question Dorian
admin
Site Admin

Re: Moderation of KFC in Savacentre grounds

Post by admin »

Dorian wrote:Admin, why has GB's "opinion" been deleted ?
The poster repeatedly ignored forum guidelines, warnings and deliberately and knowingly invited the outcome. Why? I haven't a clue.

Perhaps Lord Elpus may 'elp us :wink:

Admin
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

Decision respected Admin, albeit I read an opinion/response to an assumptive and opinionated post. So be it.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I thought GB's comment was a pretty unpleasant personal attack, but I didn't think at the time it might be breaching forum rules - I only read it once though (once was enough). It would have been more appropriate in the Pub, that's for sure, and now I remember Admin asking people previously in th thread to keep the conversation to Cafe standards, so maybe that was the breach.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

You correctly identified one third of the issue Ms Dunlop.

Unless a poster is a spammer I always seek to avoid removing posters by discussion. In this case the poster declined to discuss and took an action fully knowing the consequences (suspension and post removal).

Even at this point they have been invited to respond should they think that action unfair. They haven't. There is only so much one can do to be reasonable.

Admin
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

And can you confirm or deny that, as suspected, the user Swagger was our erstwhile lupine friend?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

In this case the connection or not with any other poster did not enter into my consideration. The action was entirely based on what was posted on that account.

That was not to deny there were similarities. If you behave like our lupine friend then you can expect a similar fate.

I do admit my patience in that direction may have shortened somewhat. Justifiably?

Admin
Annie

Post by Annie »

admin wrote:In this case the connection or not with any other poster did not enter into my consideration. The action was entirely based on what was posted on that account.

That was not to deny there were similarities. If you behave like our lupine friend then you can expect a similar fate.

I do admit my patience in that direction may have shortened somewhat. Justifiably?

Admin
Yes.
michael

Post by michael »

A year ago on this forum:
bigbadwolf wrote: Hill Dweller,
'Swagger' on United States Message Board is a very close personal friend of mine. Sign-up and ask for yourself if you don't believe me. Honestly, we've known each other for well over twenty years.
If not BBW then a 'close personal friend', or possibly an admirer of his 'close personal friend'.
Robin Orton

Post by Robin Orton »

It'll be interesting to see under what user name he next appears here, and for how long he is able to avoid unmasking. Perhaps someone should offer a small prize for the first correct cry of 'I spy BBW!' (It won't be from me- he always manages to fool me.)
Dorian

Post by Dorian »

I think "Admin" does a tough and admirable job. As a collective Swaggers post aimed at one person was probably over the top but the phrases he/she used in isolation can be found on here aimed at many people numerous times. But as an ex Rugby player, one accepts the refs decision and moves on. I for one would be pleased if BBW was here in any reinvention, bringing balance to the "force", but without the aggression.
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

wowkacui wrote:warnings and deliberately and knowingly invited the outcome. Why? I haven't a clue.......
eh?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yep echoes can take some time to return. The spammer was disappeared at 10:09 yesterday.
I took the liberty of removing the spam links from your quote. Thanks.

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

PM me your suspicions.

Admin