Attempted Burglary

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Marty

Attempted Burglary

Post by Marty »

I just wanted to flag up with everyone to be extra careful in this hot weather as I disturbed an attempted burglary at our neighbours house today. I went to go into my garden and saw two young black men (6ft, one dressed all in blue) trying to climb through the neighbours window which had been left slightly ajar. When they saw me they ran away, clambering over gardens to get back to the street. With this hot weather it's easy to leave windows and doors open to cool down but obviously invites intruders.

The police were called and apparently this wasn't a one-off as they had been tracking these two men for a few days now, believing them to be responsible for a few breaks in and around the area and nearby Beckenham.
Annie.

Re: Attempted Burglary

Post by Annie. »

Thanks Marty,I will be on my guard.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
angela53

Post by angela53 »

if they know who they are then why don`t the police arrest them??????????????
14BradfordRoad

Post by 14BradfordRoad »

angela53 wrote:if they know who they are then why don`t the police arrest them??????????????
Ha-ha, good point Angela! :lol: :lol:

Maybe they're waiting to catch them in the act, so a bit of a catch 22.... :roll: :roll:
The Eagle

Post by The Eagle »

Marty wrote:I just wanted to flag up with everyone to be extra careful in this hot weather as I disturbed an attempted burglary at our neighbours house today. .

Sometimes an approximate location of the incident would be helpful!
JulietP

Post by JulietP »

angela53 wrote:if they know who they are then why don`t the police arrest them??????????????
Erm, the police often know who is committing certain crimes, but they can't just arrest someone without proof!

Also, the OP didn't say that the police know the names of the two men - it could simply mean that there has been a spate of burglaries perpetrated by two men of a certain description.

Why is the knee-jerk reaction on this forum to criticise the police? :-(

Jac

Post by Jac »

Six months ago I wouldn't of had a clue about what went on with the police etc....but seeing the work which goes into securing a conviction I can really appreciate the work they do.
In my experiences i have only gratitude for the job they do and realise that when something does not appear to be getting done,its usually because its being done right !
Marty

Post by Marty »

The police don't know who they are but said they matched the description of two guys that people had given regarding previous incidents in the area/surrounding areas . They seem to have no concern about trying to break in during daylight hours when people can be at home or in their gardens so they're slowly but surely giving people a good description of who they are. It's not much to go on but as mentioned they were two black males, 6ft, medium build and one had braids in his hair. This took place on Lawrie Park Rd FYI.

I just wanted to flag this up in case anyone had heard of or seen anything similar recently and obviously just to raise awareness to be careful leaving unattended windows open etc in this weather.
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

JulietP wrote:
:lol:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I usually back the police which all good citizens should do.

They do their best with one hand tied behind their backs with the Human Rights Act and Judges who live in cloud cuckoo land.

I assume in this case the Police do not actually know the criminals otherwise they could DNA the window or something.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

mikecg wrote:
JulietP wrote:
:lol:
Knee-jerk reactions are so frequent around here, I'm surprised you haven't all shot your ACLs (anterior cruciate ligaments, footballer's knee injury of choice).