any advice on schools

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Afshan

any advice on schools

Post by Afshan »

Hello I am thinking of moving to sydenham from north west london. I have a 9 year ol.d daughter so am looking to move to somehwere with a good primary and secondary school. I work at London Bridge. I remeber Sydenham from years ago because there were streets with fab views. Can anyone advise me as to which schools are good and which streets I should be looking in. Is it a safe area? Thanks :roll:
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

Hi Afshan - Sydenham is a great place to live, and as you say many of its streets have wonderful views - those that do tend to be in Upper Sydenham and include Longton Avenue and the roads off Westwood Hill and Sydenham Hill. The Lawrie Park triangle is also beautiful - take a look at last week's Time Out article which you'll find on this website. I'm not an expert on schools, but there are many very good primaries in Sydenham - Adamsrill, Kelvingrove, St Barts (CofE), St Michaels (CofE) and Our Lady and St Philip Neri (RC). There are also very good primaries in nearby Forest Hill, including Eliot Bank and Fairlawn. Take a look at this link for the statistics: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/bsp/hi/e ... ml/209.stm
The secondary schools include Sydenham (girls), Forest Hill (boys) and Sydenham High (girls independent).
Good luck with the move!
Afshan

thanks

Post by Afshan »

Thanks for the advice big ben I will check out the area you mentioned. :D