Another stabbing in Sydenham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Annie.

Re: Another stabbing in Sydenham

Post by Annie. »

Exactly.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Jac

Post by Jac »

.....sorry maybe i didn't make it clear....he had pleaded guilty to all the previous offences so on this occasion when he pleaded "not guilty" his opinion was that the jury should believe he was innocent otherwise he'd admit it !

Anyway, Im pleased the jury returned the verdict quickly as there wasn't anything in the evidence that cast any kind of a doubt but it is worrying that maybe one person may have the slightest query that would have to be investigated and discussed backwards and forwards until all doubt was gone and that would have been frustrating for all waiting for the verdict to come in......Jac :D
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Justice was done.

Annie.

Post by Annie. »

But I would hang him and all the other scum bags! Ahhh thats more like it. ;0))

Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Annie. wrote:But I would hang him and all the other scum bags! Ahhh thats more like it. ;0))

Would you hang a newspaper editor-in-chief whose paper employed a PI to steal 952 items of personal information from various people?

Many would :mrgreen:
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

MWAV

So you want hanging for theft as well. Whilst I applaud Annie's comments on this , I am a little concerned that hanging for theft should be introduced. However you are entitled to your views .
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:MWAV

So you want hanging for theft as well. Whilst I applaud Annie's comments on this , I am a little concerned that hanging for theft should be introduced. However you are entitled to your views .
Where did I say I wanted hanging for theft of personal information or any theft?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

You asked Annie if she would hang criminals for theft so assume was your view as well.

Do not worry the liberal left have not woken up to your opinions yet , but I say you are entitled to your opinion.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Eagle wrote:You asked Annie if she would hang criminals for theft so assume was your view as well.

Do not worry the liberal left have not woken up to your opinions yet , but I say you are entitled to your opinion.
Never assume anything in a capitalist society.

It just makes one look quite ridiclous

Liberals aren't LEFT. They are centrists...

So why was this editor not prosecuted at all? Which paper was it? Which paper was printing numerous data protection stories bar its own loss of 85,000 staff personal details, bank accounts etc?
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

I think hanging is a bit extreme for theft,
however I do think if a crime is committed then the person responsible should be prosceuted.
That includes Bankers,I lost a lot of money when the banks went pear shaped,so I am not exactly a fan.
As for newspapers, I think the scum that allowed/stole peoples information,should go to prison,they invaded peoples privacy,sometimes in the persons most vulnerable moments,it is against the law to tap phones etc,so it follows they should be convicted.

Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Annie. wrote:I think hanging is a bit extreme for theft,
however I do think if a crime is committed then the person responsible should be prosceuted.
That includes Bankers,I lost a lot of money when the banks went pear shaped,so I am not exactly a fan.
As for newspapers, I think the scum that allowed/stole peoples information,should go to prison,they invaded peoples privacy,sometimes in the persons most vulnerable moments,it is against the law to tap phones etc,so it follows they should be convicted.

You think the Mail editor should go to prison...hmmm maybe we could start a petition :D
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Yes,if he/she was found to have committed a crime.

Jac

Post by Jac »

Today at Woolwich crown court James Campbell was sentenced to 12 years for each of the counts of GBH and 3 years for possessing an offensive weapon. The sentences will run concurrently which means over all a sentence of 12 years.

I hope he comes out with more of a fear that another offence could see him locked up for life.He will be in his 40's when his sentence is served(if he is released early he will be on license for the remander of the 12 years)
Jac
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Jac
12 years sounds a lot but we all know probably out in 6.

Why are they run concurrently , should be 39 years .

I think far far to lenient for a nasty hideous series of crimes.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Thats not good,at the very least 12 years should mean 12 yrs, although i think each sentence should be served one after the other as Eagle says thats 39 years,that sounds about right to me , justice done? Not so sure now.but, at least he's off the streets or now.

Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

Annie. wrote:Yes,if he/she was found to have committed a crime.

Stealing people's information is...

Some criminals are untouchable
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

Then time things changed,no one should ever be above the law.

CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Manwithaview1 wrote:
Some criminals are untouchable
And what is it that makes them untouchable? the fact that they are in bed with the law makers. Bent coppers, dodgy officials and iffy people taking backhanders all have their part to play.

I think 15 years is probably long enough for a person who hasn't actually killed anyone.

James Campbell has ruined his life and will pay a heavy price which could turn out to be about 7.5 years in total which is hopefully long enough for him to be rehabilitated. Somehow I think the rehabilitation of prisoners in the UK doesn't seem to work. Frenzied knife wielding maniac syndrome seems to be an epidemic at the moment. There seems to be a large number of wronguns raking our streets in recent times ready to kill someone for absolutely no reason. These people respect nothing and live in some sort of warped reality where they deem this type of action acceptable? it's a sorry state of affairs and goes to show that prison as a deterrent (let alone morality) just isn't working. Luckily nobody was killed so in this case I think the punishment fits the crime. Hopefully he can become a decent person with the right sort of help but I doubt it, he is a dangerous individual, of which there are many.
Annie.

Post by Annie. »

If he hadn't carried a knife before then I would agree Mike,but according to this previous post he had.

10 Jul 2012 18:55 
The jury heard that Campbell had a record which included 6 counts of carrying a knife in a public place,2 counts of robbery at knifepoint and 2 counts of GBH with intent where he had got into an argument on a bus with a man who "looked at him in the wrong way"The argument continued on the pavement after Campbell followed his victim off the bus and pulled a knife on him...he stabbed this victim 5 times including once to the chest,then also stabbed another victim in the chest when he tried to help his friend.......Campbell had pleaded guilty to all these offences which was a point that he had tried to use in his own defence!!
Un Quote

CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

I never said he was a nice bloke Annie, our society has a lot of people who are mentally ill and in some cases dangerously so. There is something wrong with him, locking him in a prison won't fix this persons personality disorder. You'll just end up with a 40 year old manic on the streets instead of a 30 year old one when he gets released.