Screaming for help - how not to be mistaken for a fox

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Blushingsnail

Screaming for help - how not to be mistaken for a fox

Post by Blushingsnail »

This might sound amusing but there was a serious incident at the weekend that got me thinking about it. We're now so used to hearing screaming foxes that it's possible to mis-identify a person screaming in distress as being a fox. So if you ever find yourself being mugged or attacked, my advice is to try to include a few words (eg Help! Help!) in with the blood-curdling screams, so that people can tell it's a human needing help. And that applies to both men and women.
Annie.

Re: Screaming for help - how not to be mistaken for a fox

Post by Annie. »

I had thought of the same thing, foxes really can sound like a woman screaming, I remember when I first heard a fox do it.
What serious incident? Where was it?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

Not looking to take the mick, but people out to do wrong in the form of attacking people usually have a knife or worse, Someone could come to real harm by screaming. My advice would be not to put yourself in harms way, either late a night or during the day. If late at night get a cab home even if you are a man.

Or,

Do a runner whilst screaming and shouting, Lewisham is full of knife weilding maniacs at the best of times :roll:
Voyageur

Post by Voyageur »

Although I grew up in the country I have become pretty adept at identifying the screeching of foxes in urban London - must admit I am pretty sure I would be able to tell tell the difference.
CaptainCarCrash

Post by CaptainCarCrash »

More to the point, how does one tell the difference from a sreaming banshee? a drunk overly excitable saturday night lush? and a fox?