The Herne Tavern

Forum for families to exchange information on children's activities, schools and share the travails of parenthood
Mazzer

The Herne Tavern

Post by Mazzer »

Just had to write to recommend this place. I saw it here, a while ago, on a thread recommending child friendly pubs, and I kept it in mind. I went today, to have a bit of a Christmas lunch with some friends - seven adults, seven children, two babies. It was brilliant!! Two stops from Sydenham - closest station is Honor Oak and then it's about a ten minute walk from there (or a ten minute drive if you don't want to get stuck into the mulled wine). We could not have been more comfortable, staff were friendly and helpful, there is plenty of space for kids to run around happily, lots of toys and books for them, a soft play area for very little ones, an amazing play space in the garden, a million high chairs, and a meal from the kids menu is free if you buy an adult meal!! The food is pretty average but then I'm very fussy, my daughter loved her scampi and chips. Anyway, in the absence of a child-friendly pub in Sydenham I'd seriously recommend this place for getting together with friends with kids. We'll be back!!

http://www.theherne.net/

Marie
Kimmy1080

Re: The Herne Tavern

Post by Kimmy1080 »

Hi, this is lovely to hear. They are great at The Herne.

I run regular music classes there too and they can't do enough to help out my families. Highly recommend them too!