Recommendations for Local Doctors

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Bazman76

Recommendations for Local Doctors

Post by Bazman76 »

Hi there,

I've been at Well's Park since moving to Sydenham but have grown increasingly dissatisfied with their service.

One of my gripes is that you can only book an appointment at 8am on the day you want to be seen, which leaves you hanging on the phone in the mad scramble that ensues.

Are there other strategies that allow you to book an appointment further in advance?

Thanks

Baz
dickp

Re: Recommendations for Local Doctors

Post by dickp »

You book online at Wells Park. It's dead easy.
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

Didn't know that thanks!

Still not the only thing that annoys me, but will certainly help
gigi

Post by gigi »

Bazman76 wrote:Didn't know that thanks!

Still not the only thing that annoys me, but will certainly help
You are right... The appointment system is awful. The line is always busy and by the time I get to speak to the receptionist, all the appointments are gone. I did register on the practice website, but they don't have many appointments available anyway (and I can't book anything for my children). When I mentioned that the system needed some changes, I was told we were all in the same boat and I should try to pop in at 8am instead of calling (easier said than done as I have 2 young children). I wrote a letter of complaint, saying that they should at least introduce a walk-in service...
Bazman76

Post by Bazman76 »

I totally agree.

Plus you never see the doctor on time, typically I've had to wait 20mins.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

it's similar at Bell Green GP - if you're in the queue at 8am to get an appointment you realise that the one receptionist seeing people is a lot slower than the four people answering the phones, to give out appointments, so by the time you get to the front, you have to wait till 11am, or whenever! I suggest you get there at 7.45am to queue up, and at 8am you ring up on your mobile phone to book an appointment.
a_baron

Post by a_baron »

2 Sydenham Road - very good.
dickp

Post by dickp »

Seriously?!

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
simon

Post by simon »

I would just like to say that I have a lot of contact with Bell Green and Dr Gonzalez there for the last two years and have found them superb. We could always see the doctor quickly whenever a crisis occured and the Doctor was always willing to visit at home at short notice. Sure, its difficult getting appointments when you want them for minor ailments but that is probably a resource issue. I've found registering and making appointments online very easy at convenient.
Kate R Park

Post by Kate R Park »

Sydenham Green (Bell Green) have always been spot on with me. Friendly doctors IMO, and whilst previously I've had to wait a few days for an appointment, it's probably been no worse than the average wait time. You need to register for the online service, but I'm guessing it's a time-saver overall?