advert for someone to run the cafe in Mayow Park

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
coll

advert for someone to run the cafe in Mayow Park

Post by coll »

I just noticed an advert/blurb in the latest Sydenham Assembly News letter asking for people who may be interested in running the park café when it is ready to open. It says to email martin.hyde@lewisham.gov.uk.

I think its really important that the word gets out on this and the correct, qualified people are given the opportunity to do this. Otherwise I worry that it might end of in the charge of some who might be less qualified or capable to run the business that the park so desperately needs and that the park-users really want!

I’d suggest Trattoria Raffaele. I seem to remember him mentioning a bit of interest. I think he’d be perfect. I feel he’s one of the best small business owners on Sydenham Road. He really seems to care about the community, is great at costumer service and offers a great service and menu.
chrism

Re: advert for someone to run the cafe in Mayow Park

Post by chrism »

Also, there's an earlier thread saying that the people behind Canvas and Cream in Forest Hill may be interested:

http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... eam#p76285
Checkmate

Post by Checkmate »

On The Hoof, maybe?
Mayow Park

Post by Mayow Park »

Coll - your fears are perhaps exaggerated. The opportunity to run the café, with all appropriate details, will in due course be published on Lewisham's web site.
coll

Post by coll »

Mayow Park wrote:Coll - your fears are perhaps exaggerated. The opportunity to run the café, with all appropriate details, will in due course be published on Lewisham's web site.
I'm not sure I meant to convey 'fear' and I'm not quite certain there's an 'exaggerated' element to my post.
If we take a closer look at your post you say 'appropriate details, will in due course be published on Lewisham's website.' If I had fears, I suppose this statement might only increase them as the advert says nothing about this.
Subsequently, I've written to the email address provided and asked for those details. I will attach them here when I get them.
coll

Post by coll »

Responce from my email regarding the cafe:

Dear Sir/Madam
Thank you for your recent enquiry, we are currently experiencing technical problems with the building and the works have been delayed. As soon as works are completed I will be inviting expressions of interest, by means of an advertisement in the local press, with a view to investing in a cafe facility. Heads of Terms for the lease are still to be agreed. The ground floor of the building will be left as an empty shell and applicants will be asked to give their proposals as to the level of investment they would offer. This will be reflected in the Heads of Terms of the lease/licence. Public toilets will be provided on the ground floor, separate to the café space, however will we including the requirement for cleansing and maintenance of these facilities in the café lease/licence.
I will add you name to the list of people who have contacted me and will advise you as to when the public advertisement is to be placed and in which local paper(s).
Kind regards

Martin Hyde
Green Space Regeneration Manager
Green Scene
Wearside Service Centre
Wearside Road
Lewisham
SE13 7EZ
tel: 020 8314 2034
fax: 020 8314 2128
email: martin.hyde@lewisham.gov.uk