New Cafe Kirkdale

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
AliceK

New Cafe Kirkdale

Post by AliceK »

Hi all,

Just to let you know I will officially be opening a cafe in Alhambra Thursday 19th September.

Titled The Secret Garden Cafe, it will sell fresh quiche, sausage rolls, home made chutneys, jams and cakes. And that's just for starters.

I could really do with local support and would love to see you all there!

What would you like to see on the menu?

Alice
hairybuddha

Re: New Cafe Kirkdale

Post by hairybuddha »

Really good coffee, nice bread and pastries. If you stock that then you will have at least one regular customer 8)
AliceK

Post by AliceK »

Duly noted! Thanks for the feedback :)

I will have a super duper coffee machine so you can count on regular fresh coffee, and pastries and fresh bread are a certain.

Would be great to see you there. I am going to have a Garden party to celebrate the opening - with free coffees!

All information regarding events and daily specials can be found here until I get an official website :)

https://www.facebook.com/kirkdalesecretgardencafe
hairybuddha

Post by hairybuddha »

Thanks! The lack of decent coffee in the area is a major bugbear of mine. The only place I know of in Sydenham is in my kitchen.....

p.s I love the shop - My girlfriend and I were in a few months ago looking at some of your amazing recovered tiles!
AliceK

Post by AliceK »

Thank you! We love our tiles :)

Will hopefully see you in September for lots of yummy coffee...

Until then Hairy Buddha - spread the word! :D

Alice
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Good Luck. New business very welcome.
Sydenhameagle123

Post by Sydenhameagle123 »

The only reason you people cant find decent c9ffee is because your looking for it in the wrong place ibfound a place all milk coffee 80p very nice

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
marymck

Post by marymck »

AliceK wrote:Hi all,

Just to let you know I will officially be opening a cafe in Alhambra Thursday 19th September.

Titled The Secret Garden Cafe, it will sell fresh quiche, sausage rolls, home made chutneys, jams and cakes. And that's just for starters.

I could really do with local support and would love to see you all there!

What would you like to see on the menu?

Alice
Yummy yum yum. Really looking forward to this. Please can you do soya milk drinks? I especially love frothy soya chai tea. And anything with real maple syrup.

Good luck Alice.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I do wish you luck but take issue with the person who said no decent coffee in Sydenham.

The Latte at Kente is excellent and a bargain at 1.80p.

The poster who wants coffee at 80p, good luck. The cafe needs profit to survive. Coffee machines , i presume , are expensive and trust no one wants to go back to the dreaded days of foul instant coffee. Hopefully we have progressed from that rubbish.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Eagle wrote:I do wish you luck but take issue with the person who said no decent coffee in Sydenham.

The Latte at Kente is excellent and a bargain at 1.80p.

The poster who wants coffee at 80p, good luck. The cafe needs profit to survive. Coffee machines , i presume , are expensive and trust no one wants to go back to the dreaded days of foul instant coffee. Hopefully we have progressed from that rubbish.
It's a matter of taste. I personally don't like Kente's coffee and would go somewhere like St David in Forest Hill. But that's because I like my coffee strong enough to trot a mouse across.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

That's fare enough Rachael we all have different tastes in coffee. I am sure St D's coffee is equally fine.

My point was really expecting a cup for 80p is , I regret , not on anymore.
marymck

Post by marymck »

Will the premises be licensed Alice? Because I was thinking, if you are, the occasional cocktail evening could be great fun. Or, maybe if not licensed, you could run an evening where we could all bring a bottle for sharing (is that allowed under licensing laws?) and you could charge corkage & sell tapas? Just a dream, but ummmmmm .... 8) :)
AliceK

Post by AliceK »

Hello all!

Mary Mck - I am a soya milk drinker myself so you can bet that the cafe will be serving soya coffees! Hope to see you there.

The premises won't be licensed to begin with, but tapas and cocktail evenings could definitely be an idea! Do pop in when I'm open in September and we can talk about different sort of community events.

Look forward to seeing you then :)

Alice
paultreacy

Post by paultreacy »

Yum. I must investigate. Always seeking out fine coffee.

Good luck to you and see you soon.

- Paul.
shopgirl

Post by shopgirl »

Dear all
How to break the news? Alice's lovely café isn't opening yet after all - hopefully just postponed - but she may be doing some one-off events. In the meantime we are still serving tea (all sorts of), Spanish filter coffee and Spanish hot chocolate, and customers are welcome to bring in their own sandwiches or cake from the French baker next door but one. Watch this space for further updates!
Becca
Jules

Post by Jules »

It's a Spanish themed shop/cafe isn't it?

Therefore you just have to have Chocolate and Churros
:D :D :D :D