Sydenham traffic solutions

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
urbanfox

Sydenham traffic solutions

Post by urbanfox »

Does anyone else think that 30mph is too fast for a car, bus or lorry to be travelling between Cobbs Corner roundabout and the bottom of the High Street?

At night drivers accelerate dangerously from Cobbs Corner towards the zebra crossing sometimes not even realising the crossing is there. Wouldn't it make sense and be fairly economical to introduce a 20mph zone red tarmac'd zone from the Cobbs Corner roundabout until the end of the High Street? I have to cross the crossing at about 11pm most nights and I'm sure it's getting more dangerous.
Dutch Cow

Post by Dutch Cow »

I agree, its not good and needs to be sorted out.
The Eagle

Re: Sydenham traffic solutions

Post by The Eagle »

urbanfox wrote:Does anyone else think that 30mph is too fast for a car, bus or lorry to be travelling between Cobbs Corner roundabout and the bottom of the High Street?
NO!
What I do find dangerous is pedestrians, especially teenagers who just walk out in front of you or deliberately stroll across the road causing you to brake or swerve to miss them.