The Albert

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
sparticus

The Albert

Post by sparticus »

I was at the Catford Bridge Tavern for a session with a mate last night. Shame it's closing, but at least Antic are developing the old Conservative Club down the road as a new venue. Something nearer would be nice. I've lost hope that anything worthwhile will emerge from the Greyhound fiasco, and find the Dolphin not to my taste and the Golden Lion doesn't know how to look after it's beer, or maybe doesn't sell enough. What's the Albert like?

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
sparticus

Re: The Albert

Post by sparticus »

Oops! Got the name wrong. I mean the Alfred. So, what's it like?

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Unless it has changed its name, God Forbid , always The Prince Alfred.

Back in 70's well run pub will well kept beer. Regret have not entered for some time.
sparticus

Post by sparticus »

So I thought I would give it a try myself so I wandered down there last night. Oh dear! The good things were a decent pint of session bitter at £2.90 a pint, friendly landlord and a diverse bunch of drinkers. But there is no comfortable seating, it's far too brightly lit and has loud, conversation inhibiting music. What a shame. It could be a great little local.

Eagle

Post by Eagle »

What a shame it has music. That is a big plus for Wetherspoon.

I and friends go in a pub to converse , not to listen to the bay city rollers.

Live Music can be fine but NOT piped music or juke box. NO NO NO