Christmas Lights on Sydenham Road

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Maria

Re: Christmas Lights on Sydenham Road

Post by Maria »

So, now we will be able to have a look at the size shape etc of the trees (due to be planted tomorrow), how shall we proceed re the not just for Christmas lights in Sydenham?

Do we need to re-convene in order to divide tasks?
Are there others keen to help with requesting funds from sponsors, ordering materials chosen, researching possibilities etc?

I'm still just as keen to go all out on this, and I've heard about a neighbour who had not previously heard about this but is highly enthusiastic too. Others' thoughts?

PS: Sorry Colonel something or other & A Adler: there's no money to be gained by getting involved - it's voluntary! :)
Maria

Post by Maria »

Just a quick update: I've just found out that a lot of work has already been going on, and will continue to go on, regarding lighting and events at Christmas. We will soon be told what has been planned and acquired - many thanks for the tireless organisers!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Maria wrote:Just a quick update: I've just found out that a lot of work has already been going on, and will continue to go on, regarding lighting and events at Christmas. We will soon be told what has been planned and acquired - many thanks for the tireless organisers!
Ooh, intriguing!
montjuic56

Post by montjuic56 »

Two weeks until Christmas and no signs of Christmas lights on the high street, anyone knows why?
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Saving money.

They money they were going to use had to be spent clearing up the mess at Girton Park Car Park after the so called travelers
paid a recent uninvited visit.

The Council have not got a bottomless pit.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

montjuic56 wrote:Two weeks until Christmas and no signs of Christmas lights on the high street, anyone knows why?
There are lights, they just haven't been turned on yet.

We were hoping to put lights in the new trees, but they are a bit too young. Hopefully next year...
montjuic56

Post by montjuic56 »

So are you saying there will be no lights in Sydenham this year?
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

montjuic56 wrote:So are you saying there will be no lights in Sydenham this year?
No - there are lights already on the lampposts, they just haven't been turned on yet.
montjuic56

Post by montjuic56 »

So the same pitiful lights we had last year then, what a shame!!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

montjuic56 wrote:So the same pitiful lights we had last year then, what a shame!!
Yes, it is a shame. We tried to get something different for this year, but it wasn't possible. I did ask that if we HAD to have those lights again, that they should at least all be one colour, either blue or white, not an ad hoc mixture. But it doesn't look like that has happened.

However, as a result of meeting to discuss the lights, there is now an amazing day planned for Sunday, using the new pocket squares to their full potential. A lot of people have donated time, expertise and materials for these events, and it promises to be a really lovely day.

We will get new lights eventually, I'm sure.
montjuic56

Post by montjuic56 »

Shame my kids will be gone by then. They could have put a few LED lights instead of these ugly bulbs