Rebuild the Greyhound Pub Campaign #rebuildthegreyhound

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
G-Man

Re: Rebuild the Greyhound Pub Campaign #rebuildthegreyhound

Post by G-Man »

Tweeted and tagged @selcamra (South East London CAMRA) I would suggest others doing the same, they will probably retweet you to their 5000 followers. I would suggest everyone tweeting the link several times a week, that way you'll hit more of your followers. I will also direct some tweets to some influential people in the beer world to see what support we can get.

I have also posted it on a CAMRA page on Facebook - not their official page though.

Cheers

G-Man
pip

Post by pip »

Gaddison

Post by Gaddison »

Well done Sydenham Society!!

I have signed the petition!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

Please keep posting to the Purelake Facebook page. They keep deleting posts asking about the Greyhound, let's make some more work for them. Make sure to take a screen shot after you post so there is a record of their active censorship of questions about the Greyhound. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pure ... 81?fref=ts

It's quite likely that they will block me soon (three comments made, two deleted), so I may need someone to take up the baton.
Last edited by Rachael on 22 Sep 2014 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

I don't seem to have permission to post on their timeline. I think I may have been blocked already.

Perhaps if people share their group and write a comment too?

G-Man
michael

Post by michael »

Why not leave a review of this company:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Pure ... sk=reviews
Sydenham Society

Post by Sydenham Society »

Response to the “Rebuild the Greyhound pub” petition has been overwhelming. Having launched the petition last Friday (September 19) we have now attracted over 500 signatures on our online and paper versions. Thank you for your support. I have also received countless offers of help by email and phone.

Now is the time to move on and develop the campaign. To kick this off, I am inviting you to the “Rebuild the Greyhound pub” meet-up group, and the first meeting will be this Wednesday, September 24, at 8pm in the back room of the Golden Lion, 116 Sydenham Rd, London SE26 5JX. This will be a chance to get together in an informal way, to report on developments behind the scenes and to plan our strategy. I look forward to meeting you there.

Annabel McLaren
Chair, Sydenham Society
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well done Annabel. You have my full support (plus my rant here: http://sydenham.org.uk/rebuildthegreyhound/). Anybody else who wants to support the Sydenham Society's campaign and get our pub back please hashtag them to death.

Add #rebuildthegreyhound to your sigs, blogs, leaflets, shop windows, hoardings - anywhere where it will be picked up and retweeted. Help give them the reputation they deserve.

If you have a website or posting in another forum please link to our frontpage story and also to Sydenham Society's story. Help push them up the Google rankings so anybody searching for Purelake Group also finds the truth.

See you all Wednesday night!

Admin
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

They haven't deleted new comments on their Facebook page yet, maybe because I let them know I was taking screen shots. They have to decide what looks worse - leaving the comments up, or being exposed as having deleted them.
michael

Post by michael »

I think reviews work slightly differently to comments on a page. Hopefully deleting reviews is at least against the spirit of Facebook.
Leave your own reviews and we'll see what happens.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

What's the difference between reviews and post to page? They can delete reviews as well, although it takes a bit more effort on their part.

Ultimately they will probably just delete their Facebook page if they don't like what's happening. They don't seem to have invested much in their social media presence so it wouldn't be much of a loss to them. But in the meantime, it's good to keep them busy, and let them know that this campaign means business.
Last edited by Rachael on 22 Sep 2014 16:41, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I don't see your Facebook review Rachael. Just you liking Barry & Michael (shush I won't tell).
Are you now deleted or is it because I am not a member?

Admin
sparticus

Post by sparticus »

Well done! Ive posted about the micropub movement on here before. This piece is interesting- http://deserter.co.uk/2014/08/pubs-fight-back/
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

admin wrote:I don't see your Facebook review Rachael. Just you liking Barry & Michael (shush I won't tell).
Are you now deleted or is it because I am not a member?

Admin
No, I'm still there. If you click on 'posts to page' you get a pop up that shows all the posts. I'm at the bottom. I posted a comment rather than a review.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thank you Rachael.

BTW if you want to tweet the Purelake spokesperson and property manager who responded with a fullsome "no comment" when asked by the South London Press about the campaign (see above) - you can find her here:
https://twitter.com/TraceySultana

I might be too rude :(

Admin
Gaddison

Post by Gaddison »

I've signed the petition, posted a review on Purelakes Facebook, and even subscribed to the Sydenham society now..seems like £6.50 well spent!! Clear to see this is a massive issue for people, given the strength and speed of response so far!!! Great to see people's comments on Facebook especially, and as advised by Rachael have taken screenshots, for when/if the posts are deleted!! I am particularly impressed by SugarHill cafe posting on there, in quite unrestrained language! Would be great to hear from the other small businesses around as it has been their livelihood damaged by this!
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

I have just tweeted Tracy Sultana....not sure if she is 'currantly' (sic) (couldn't resist) available for comment, but we shall see.
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

I won't be tweeting Tracey Sultana because that is her personal Twitter account. I have no problem Tweeting companies and their official representatives, but I'm not comfortable with this. It won't do the campaign any good if it looks like individual Purelake's employees are being 'bullied'.

The people who have tweeted her about this have been very polite and appropriate in their comments, but it just takes one more, er, 'robust' comment, to put the campaign in a bad light.
Sydenham Syd

Post by Sydenham Syd »

Rachael wrote:I won't be tweeting Tracey Sultana because that is her personal Twitter account. I have no problem Tweeting companies and their official representatives, but I'm not comfortable with this. It won't do the campaign any good if it looks like individual Purelake's employees are being 'bullied'.

The people who have tweeted her about this have been very polite and appropriate in their comments, but it just takes one more, er, 'robust' comment, to put the campaign in a bad light.
If she isn't the official representative, then why was she asked for a comment then? Even if she came back with 'no comment'.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Excellent point Rachael - and why I didn't post as I couldn't think of a way of making the point politely but effectively.

The issue is Purelake is not a mighty corporation. It is a small company synonymous with a few people. Being done corporately for £18,000 is a minor cost adjustment on a development contract. A small cost of doing business. If the person responsible for the decision had personally taken the hit it might have been more effective.

Tracey was put up by Purelake as the voice to answer this campaign. She declined to engage. You can't just bare face people off at work and become the innocent at home. If you hide behind corporate walls at work then they have to expect to challenged when you step out.

People like this need to know they are not going to get away with what they are doing. Its our non working lives that are being affected by their decisions. A (polite) shot across the bows aimed at getting them to talk business style to us has to be a cost of refusing to do so don't you think?

A start may be answering the Facebook comments

Nobody wants to rubbish her private life but Purelake's decisions are rubbishing ours. Engage corporately or risk being challenged personally. That is her decision.

Changing the subject slightly.

Hopefully Purelake will send somebody along this evening. They would get an uncomfortable time. The new manager of the Zanzibar had the guts to turn up at the public meeting. Something he would not have enjoyed. But I think no matter how much we disagreed he earned respect for facing us. Something Purelake are a bit short on at the moment. I can't not discount that the Zanzibar's change of heart was not unconnected with realising the determination of the community to get something done. That was something he certainly understood.

I hope Purelake are beginning to understand they cannot continue to ignore the community and continue to inflict this eyesore on us. If not turn up tonight and find out.

Admin