Sainsburys

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

Sorry to go slightly off-area :wink: but the Sainsburys at Crystal Palace no longer has plastic bags at the checkout.

Of course Mr tiggs and I have been very good for aaages and only use our re-usable bags :P Where's my halo smiley? :D
bensonby

Post by bensonby »

tiggs wrote:Sorry to go slightly off-area :wink: but the Sainsburys at Crystal Palace no longer has plastic bags at the checkout.
Does it not have them at all or does it just not put them on display?
tiggs

Post by tiggs »

bensonby - they do have them but you have to ask for them, they're not on display
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I like Sainsbury's. Wide aisles, easy to shop, I find the shelves well stocked and it's convenient to me.

The products are pretty good quality too, better than Tesco and more ethical too.
sophie

Post by sophie »

The not having bags on display is one of Sainsbury's new policies across the board. I have a million reusable bags but never plan my shopping properly so I either go without or without enough so I buy more as I feel too guilty to use normal carrier bags and now have more of the giant reusable things than plastic bags!!!!
multisync

Post by multisync »

I bought on line last week,and was given 20 bags,for 12 bottles of wine!
McLondres

Post by McLondres »

I don't come in here any more. The security act like they are in a major international airport. They make me uncomfortable even though they are so ridiculous.
Chazza

Post by Chazza »

McLondres, you were having a go at the trouser length of Somerfield security on another thread and now you reckon the Sainsbury's security staff ask for your passport when you try to buy Guava halves. In which shop are Sydenham's best security staff to be found?
McLondres

Post by McLondres »

Chazza wrote:McLondres, you were having a go at the trouser length of Somerfield security on another thread and now you reckon the Sainsbury's security staff ask for your passport when you try to buy Guava halves. In which shop are Sydenham's best security staff to be found?
left the building