Video on Forest Hill Baths

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
Max

Post by Max »

I assumed there was 24hr security there. Can you imagine somebody drowning in there?
Maybe now something will be done as I think that the Cabinet member in charge of it is a frequent reader of this forum.

Hi Michael, it is quite likely that we spoke to the same person, when he spoke to me he didn't mention how much this leakage was, only that the alarming leakage happened during the refilling and then it went back to its norm, whatever that is. As you now confirmed.

I suppose that the best thing would be to read the papers but as they are only available at the Library they are only accessible to who can find time to go there.
If they were online then we could all get the details from the horse's mouth.

Nevertheless I think that it's fair to say that the claim that the pool now leaks at some alarming rate, as the Council decided to tell everybody, is not standing to scrutiny, the pool is still full and even if it was leaking at a rate of 10 times a year then that would still be the same leakage that it had when it was considered viable. (That would mean that the water changes completely every 36 days, is that alarming?)

I personally think that the group of Library/Louise House/FHP has an historic value for Forest Hill and if there was a way to keep the character it wouldn't be a bad thing to do.
To place a modern pool behind the old facade would be a way to do it but this would come at a tidy cost for the Council not because of the difference in price between a new pool and a new pool leaning on an old wall but because part of the equation is the value of all that plot of land and with the ELL extension coming (and a new pool and an historic library on the sides) that's quite good money, even if it's not a very big plot.