New to Sydenham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Manwithaview1

Re: New to Sydenham

Post by Manwithaview1 »

One of the best views is from Countisbury House top floor. Countisbury House is located j/w Crescent Wood Road and Sydenham Hill. You can access the building as it has no security doors. You can see the whole of central London below. Great on New Year's Eve
maestro

Post by maestro »

You should be able to spot it from here then. Have fun...........

http://www.360cities.net/london-photo-en.html
Becksf

Post by Becksf »

Welcome to Sydenham......

I have lived in Sydenham all my life (31 yrs) although now living in Forest Hill (not by choice) I still use Sydenham regulary for the high street shops and post office.
I always felt safe when out and about at night and never had any problems.

I saw someone mention the Dolphin for food and drink well The Golden Lion opposite is a great place to go although they dont do food they have great beer, real ales and lots of bar snacks. It is also the home of The Sydenham Blues Club with live bands every friday and alternate saturdays its a great night out and you wont need a 176 to get home !

They also host a monthly Jazz night on the last Tuesday of the month ! The Sydenham Film Club is also based there !

With so much on offer in Sydenham I know you will love it as much as I do its a cracking place to live :D
eggnut

Post by eggnut »

I'm really glad to see this thread as my husband and I are about to move to Sydenham (not far from Mayow Park). We've been living in W Dulwich recently and as I'm fairly new to London and to the UK (I'm from the US, though I promise I try not to be one of "those" Americans) it's a bit intimidating for me to start over in a new neighbourhood. This forum has already been very helpful for us and I'm hoping to have time to participate fully once we move in!
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

eggnut - I live very near Mayow Park, it's a lovely part of Sydenham. I also spent three years living in the States and know the many social pitfalls of being an ex-pat, not least the language problem (American English and British English are more different than people realise). You'll find this forum very useful for all your questions, big and small!