Tickets for BOUNCERS at Zanzibar Nightclub now on sale

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
safdirector

Tickets for BOUNCERS at Zanzibar Nightclub now on sale

Post by safdirector »

Tickets for BOUNCERS, the latest show from Jonathan Kaufman & Spontaneous Productions, are now on sale at Kirkdale Bookshop, 272 Kirkdale, Sydenham SE26 4RS. Tel: 020 8778 4701. Early booking advisable.

Don't miss this sparkling comedy of nightclub life at Zanzibar Nightclub & Restaurant, 291 Kirkdale Sydenham, running from 16 Oct - 2 Nov (Wed-Sat), 8pm.

We're really hoping this will be the start of regular theatre shows at the nightclub, so do come along and support us.

Spontaneous Productions
http://spontaneousproductions.co.uk/

stuart

Re: Tickets for BOUNCERS at Zanzibar Nightclub now on sale

Post by stuart »

Ahem - is this performance INSIDE or OUTSIDE the club :?

Stuart
safdirector

Post by safdirector »

It's INSIDE the club, actually in the large function room. Though expect the Bouncers to meet the audience on arrival outside...You have been warned :D

Spontaneous Productions is well-known for its site-specific work, so a real nightclub seemed the perfect venue for this hilarious show.

Hope to see you there!

Spontaneous Productions
http://spontaneousproductions.co.uk/shows.html
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

From what I am led to believe one needs bouncers at this premises . Well done for getting them in place.
Perhaps they could ensure people leaving the club keep the noise down.
pip

Post by pip »

I saw a production of Bouncers with a few friends at the Brockley Jack some years ago and thought it was a great night of entertainment. I look forward to seeing this new show at Zanzibar.
Manwithaview1

Post by Manwithaview1 »

I've seen the John Godber/Hull Truck production a couple of times and it is so clever, so accurate. I personally loved the no costume changes during the whole production even though they played something like 47 different characters :D :D
safdirector

Post by safdirector »

Don't forget to book in advance for this fantastic comedy by Hull Truck Theatre's prolific John Godber, which starts next Wed 16 Oct at Zanzibar Nightclub. Tickets now on sale at Kirkdale Bookshop, 272 Kirkdale, Sydenham SE26 4RS, tel 020 8778 4701.

Show runs from Wed 16 Oct - Sat 2 Nov (Wed-Sat), 8pm. Tickets £12 (£8 concessions)
Venue: Zanzibar Nightclub, 291 Kirkdale, Sydenham SE26 4QD

"It is easy to see why Bouncers remains John Godber's most successful comedy." (Liverpool Post)

"John Godber's nightlife drama is like Christmas or a letter from a loved one - an expected delight...An extraordinary piece of physical theatre...as suddenly, surprisingly funny as ever." (The Stage)

"From the cheering and shouting and occasional drunken participation, it seems that, 35 years after it was first seen, Godber's tale of a night in a northern nightclub remains as relevant as ever. Blokes on the hunt for a female, with enough booze down their necks to bring down a hippo, girls crying into their cocktails when a night goes wrong. As Godber might have written: nowt changes.

What still lies at the heart of this piece is the rage at the lack of opportunity and aspiration in the working class. The Bouncers are the gatekeepers to the club where inside there is paradise, but they could just as easily be blocking the entrance to a better life. Lucky Eric's speeches still hold a mesmerising power and when we hear them that's when the night really gets going.

A great night out." (Yorkshire Post)

http://spontaneousproductions.co.uk/bouncers.html

Frangipan

Post by Frangipan »

I saw this play put on in a small theatre tent in Christchurch several times during it's summer run over 20 years ago, and I still use some of the lines from it. Hilarious play, can't wait to see it again.