AGAS LITTLE CAFE: KIRKDALE

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
leenewham

AGAS LITTLE CAFE: KIRKDALE

Post by leenewham »

I popped in there on Wednesday and thought I'd give you a little review.

It looks and feels lovely inside, it's warm and welcoming. Lots of space too if you have a buggy and a little space with books etc for the kids. You are met with a warm smile and welcome from Aga and being family friendly is a HUGE bonus.

The coffee is the best I've had in Sydenham so far, although only filter at present, but it's exceptionally good filter coffee. It's Monmouth coffee and good value too. Forget all the cappuccino rubbish, try this. It's really, I mean REALLY good. If you go to a coffee tasting, they prepare it in the same way Aga does.

It has a selection of really lovely cakes, lovingly made. I had the coconut, orange and (something else I can't remember). It was moist and delicious without tasting like it has a barrel load of sugar in it. It was £1.80.

It's a great addition to Kirkdale Village, I hope the lack of footfall there isn't an issue (it was very, very quiet). I'd definitely recommend a visit, it's worth the walk. Even for me from down in Lowest Sydenham.
Ronski

Re: AGAS LITTLE CAFE: KIRKDALE

Post by Ronski »

Are you talking about the one on Dartmouth Road, Forest Hill? Didn't really think of it as being in Sydenham but I agree it does a great coffee. I wish we had something this nice coffee wise on the high st.

Montage a little further down is worth a visit too, more space at the back and a gallery space upstairs.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Rachael

Post by Rachael »

That's Aga's Little Deli, Ronski. Aga's Little Cafe is an offshoot, and is on Kirkdale

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Last edited by Rachael on 7 Dec 2013 11:10, edited 2 times in total.
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Ah I see, makes sense I got mixed up with almost exactly the same name, good to know there's good coffee that bit closer :)
chrism

Post by chrism »

Popped in today and it was quite lovely. There's a good selection of cakes and sandwiches, good coffee. It's definitely worth stopping by. They were also advertising a pop up Valentine's dinner which looked rather nice.
JMLF

Post by JMLF »

I took my parents there last month to show them the circuit or Sydenham - Kirkdale - Forest Hill and had a pretty mean sandwich (choice of avocado in place of butter was a delicious treat) and excellent coffee. Spacious and nicely decorated interior so a pretty decent spot for one and all, whether it be to take kidlings (appears to be very family friendly), coffee with paper, workspace or a place to impress your parents ;)