Going over old ground - The Hound that is Grey

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Eagle

Re: Going over old ground - The Hound that is Grey

Post by Eagle »

I understand they promised to finish by the same time as Milliband Jnr grows up.

Do not hold your breath.
michael

Post by michael »

Eagle wrote:I understand they promised to finish by the same time as Milliband Jnr grows up.
That's not exactly a mature (or relevant) statement to make.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Mature is the correct word Michael. Have not seen any signs yet

No more irrelevant than those who have dragged the new Royal Baby into the Greyhound issue.
Mr_Sheen

Post by Mr_Sheen »

How about email bombing them every day demanding an update on what's going on (I've already started)? There's a facebook and twitter link on their website - I feel a few hundred negative messages coming on.
http://www.purelake.co.uk/projects.php? ... ject_id=62

Is flyposting on the site hoardings illegal? Maybe a large sign saying something along the lines of 'PURELAKE DESTROYED THIS PUB. COMPLAIN TO info@purelake.co.uk'.

None of this will achieve anything because they don't give a toss but I'm getting TOTALLY ****ed off looking at that bloody bomb site every day and posting virtual dog s**t on their social media sites is about the only morsel of satisfaction I can get.
JRobinson

Post by JRobinson »

does anyone know how to hack websites? maybe one could replace the photo's of the greyhound flats with some that show what the greyhound actually looks like now.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

As Purelake presumably rely on councils to get planning permission for future works, why does not LBC blacklist them with all councils.

I am in two minds whether pub should have been pulled down or retained , but present form not a good third option.
michael

Post by michael »

Eagle wrote:As Purelake presumably rely on councils to get planning permission for future works, why does not LBC blacklist them with all councils.

I am in two minds whether pub should have been pulled down or retained , but present form not a good third option.
Planning permission is not granted based on who the developer is. However, Housing Associations do have a choice about who do their developments and hopefully Hexagon and other HAs will not be using Purelake again in the future.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

I've just posted something on their Facebook group. And surprise surprise it was deleted immediately.

Good social media marketing policy.

G-Man
marymck

Post by marymck »

Maybe someone could set up an alternative Not so Purelake Facebook account? I don't know how to do that.

Edit 1 was to change "page" to "account".
Edit 2 was because my fingers are too fat for my mobile and it looked as though I'd typed my post in one of the more obscure eastern European languages.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Last edited by marymck on 26 Jul 2013 15:00, edited 2 times in total.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

I am trying to recall why some people wanted this Pub saved in the first place. One thing is certain they cannot have drunk there in the last 40 years as it was a dump.
G-Man

Post by G-Man »

They've now changed their security settings so you can't post on the wall. They don't appear to be on Twitter.

G-Man
michael

Post by michael »

Possibly only you are not allowed to post on their facebook page. there is a Recommendations sections on their page, which is very tempting, although the lowest it goes to is 'poor'.
Mr_Sheen

Post by Mr_Sheen »

Eagle wrote:I am trying to recall why some people wanted this Pub saved in the first place. One thing is certain they cannot have drunk there in the last 40 years as it was a dump.
I wouldn't say I was a regular but I drank there on and off for 20 years. The Greyhound had some fantastic comedy nights in the 90's as well as live music but management comes and goes, and what appeals to some guvnors didn't appeal to others. Towards the end I'll admit it wasn't well managed but I still had somewhere I could drink that wasn't pretentious and wasn't going to rip me off and I lived in hope someone who actually cared would take over and make it into a venue again rather than a soulless restaurant/pub. It was a regular boozer.

My email to Purelake this morning asking for an estimated date for completion (which was polite and to the point today after yesterday's bad tempered rant) has not yet been answered. I'll try again on Monday. I suggest you all do the same, we can all be ignored together! :wink:
marymck

Post by marymck »

Worth a try Mr Sheen. I'll give it a go, with a cc to Jim Dowd.

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mr_Sheen

Post by Mr_Sheen »

An update as to my communications with Purelake.
Thursday 25th. Emailed asking for an estimate as to when work on the Greyhound would be complete. No response.
Friday 26th. Emailed asking for an estimate as to when work on the Greyhound would be complete. No response.
Monday 29th. Emailed asking for an estimate as to when work on the Greyhound would be complete. No response.

Tune in again for more exciting and unpredictable bulletins later in the week!

(Enjoy banging your head on a partly demolished brick wall? Feel free to email them yourself! The more the merrier).
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Just a thought - have you tried phoning Purelake? Might be a more effective way of speaking to someone from the company - and you would know that your message was delivered. It still wouldn't guarantee an answer though. Hopefully they don't have an ansaphone all the time.

The trouble with email (and other 'non personal' methods of communication) is that you have no way of knowing whether anyone actually is there reading it.

Alternatively do they have an address you could visit - turn up in person, ask reception to see whoever it is you want to speak to, or ask them to relay the message on and you will wait in reception until an answer comes back.
Mr_Sheen

Post by Mr_Sheen »

They seem to be quick off the mark deleting facebook entries so I don't doubt they read these things. They're probably reading this now!

HELLO PURELAKE!! :)
simon

Post by simon »

Sydenham wrote:Alternatively do they have an address you could visit - turn up in person, ask reception to see whoever it is you want to speak to, or ask them to relay the message on and you will wait in reception until an answer comes back.
Good idea, but let's go as a group, with a placard or two and get the local press down there to take a photo and run a story.
Sydenham

Post by Sydenham »

Turning up as a group might make a good 'event' for press etc. to report - and will probably be 'exciting' and get the adrenaline going - however I don't think it would succeed in getting information.

Depends what the objectives are though - Purelake have shown that they don't seem to care about negative publicity in the past - doesn't seem to have got them to change their minds. So why would a group turn-up work this time around?

However it might make those attending feel better. I might be wrong though - often am.
Eagle

Post by Eagle »

Looked very carefully at the site today. No sign of action at all.
The balcony infact looks a bit dodgy. Certainly would not recommend Juliet making her speech from there.

When are Purelake either going to finish the job or pull it down. Either would be much better than it is now......