Gurkha's Nepalese/Indian restaurant

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!

What do you think of the resteraunt?

Great
83%
Okay
17%
Left me with a case of delhi-belly
No votes

Total votes: 6

back_ache

Gurkha's Nepalese/Indian restaurant

Post by back_ache »

This resteraunt is great if you like good food and service that attentive but not in your face.

The decor is simple but apporiate, the food is full of flavor and is not so spicy as to require an antacid for afters!

They also do deliverys but as they are primarly a resteraunt I recomend collecting it in person.

They are on the high street on the right as you go up toward the station

their address and tel is 67 Sydenham Road, 8778 3322
fishcox

The Gurka

Post by fishcox »

We tried it for the first time last weekend, just for a takeaway, and it was very good, even if I did have to wait for half an hour longer than I was originally told.
Julsb

Post by Julsb »

We've tried it a few times, and although the service can't be faulted the food is a bit disappointing. I'll order it if I'm looking for a no-brainer take away, but for "home-style" cooking you're better off going to some of the Sri Lankan places in Catford. Not only are they almost embarassingly inexpensive, but they serve up the real deal - just remember to tell them if you're scared of chillies, or you might get a shock!
oin

Post by oin »

I've only managed to get in once as they seem very popular at the weekends. I remember being very impressed and keen to go again. I believe they have a sister restauant in Crystal Palace called Gurkha's Cottage.