Mayow Park Café Openings

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Mayow Park

Mayow Park Café Openings

Post by Mayow Park »

We're expecting an actual 11th August opening for the new café - that's Laura & Jess's intention, but not 100% confirmation.

But the official opening, Sunday August 31st, by Sydenham's new councillor, Rachel Onikosi, with the ribbon cutting by Perry Vale Councillor, Susan Wise.

Mayow Park's two cricket teams are also organising a community picnic that day, at which cricketers will be introducing youngsters to the game with a version, originally from Australia, called Kwik Cricket. Something like this flyer coming to a letter box near you soon ...

sydenhamboy

Re: Mayow Park Café Openings

Post by sydenhamboy »

According to one of the builders the Mayow Park cafe is opening this coming Monday (allegedly) and it looks really nice inside - and will be a fabulous addition to what is already a lovely park. I love a grabbing a cappucino (from Kente - bless him - such a nice little cafe that secretly could do with a better signage - can't we all chip in a get him a better one?) and a paper and sitting in the park, watching the cricket and the passers by with their families/newspapers/tennis rackets/cans of special brew. Delete as appropriate. And now I'll have a great cafe to sit it.

So good luck to the Mayow Park Cafe guys - and On The Hoof. We desperately need these new additions to put the other crap shops to shame.

Lastly - I always think it's telling, the shops that don't bother to come onto the forum. They all seem happy to exist in 1987. And they all look like it too.
coll

Post by coll »

i just walked past. I looks AMAZING!!!! I can't believe how good a job they have done. Couldn't see much of the inside but big lights hanging from the porch rafters, a great sign and about 6 large round teak tables and chairs!
Really impressed!
sarahsyd

Post by sarahsyd »

I am very excited about visiting next week.
Is On the Hoof opening this weekend too? Last update was 8 / 9 August
Mayow Park

Post by Mayow Park »

We're pretty exicited too.

We've got 600 of these leaflets A5 size about the official opening and Community picnic with the cricketers Sunday 31st printed. Not enough, I know, so I'm thinking about how to get maximum impact from them. I'm thinking of handing them to people in person in the park, and obviously leaving some in the new café. What do other people think? Anyone else want to take some to hand out? What roads would you deliver to?

Ideas here, or PM me.

We also have 60 A4 size, which should be appearing in shops on Sydenham Road.