Sydenham Police Station - Public Consultation

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
marianne

Sydenham Police Station - Public Consultation

Post by marianne »

I received a leaflet during the week announcing that ASRA Housing Group are preparing a planning application for a new residential development at the site of Sydenham Police Station. They are holding an exhibition in the former police station this Tuesday 12th May, between 3.00 - 8.00pm, where you may look at the proposals and meet members of the project team. They will apparently be happy to explain the design to you. To access this event walk down the road to the left of the police station from Dartmouth Road and use the rear door.
SteveG85

Re: Sydenham Police Station - Public Consultation

Post by SteveG85 »

I hadn't realised that the building on the corner of Willow Way and Dartmouth Road used to be a police station. Unfortunately I won't be able to get there on Tuesday but would appreciate it if anyone that goes along could post some details. The company website says that "asra Housing Group has a long history of developing new affordable homes and is one of the leading developing housing associations in the UK."
parker

Re: Sydenham Police Station - Public Consultation

Post by parker »

If this could go ahead it would be great if it covered the whole of the Miriam Lodge site too. Though we all know it'll probably become housing that will either go to those that are the calibre of the current Miriam Lodge residents or it won't be housing that's 'affordable' to the most deserving, hardworking, modest income earners anyway.