Sicilian Art pizzeria

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
Nigel

Sicilian Art pizzeria

Post by Nigel »

I noticed this new opening today - it's on the parade of shops in Beckenham Rd , Penge-wards of Kent House Rd .
It looked very nicely done and there were people in there as I passed .
A very good evening
Nigel
topofthehill

Re: Sicilian Art pizzeria

Post by topofthehill »

According to all accounts the food is excellent, although there are a few teething problems as regards service. It's both a restaurant and takeaway. BYO. Cards not yet accepted. Not one adverse comment about the food.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

topofthehill thanks for the info - I might try them for takeaway first . It certainly good to see another decent eatery opening in or near Penge
A very good evening
Nigel
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Pleasure Nigel. And on the topic of restaurants Friends of Flavours Italian in Green Lane Penge is first class as is Si Mangia in Forest Hill Road.
alywin

Post by alywin »

I understand it's become quite popular already, which is good.
coll

Post by coll »

They both look like excellent additions. I do love Trat Raff though. Great guy, excellent food and I feel he does everything with care.
topofthehill

Post by topofthehill »

Sorry inadvertently omitted Traf Raf. Definitely a favorite of mine. Wonderful food and service. Nothing is too much trouble.
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

I too like Trattorria Raffaele.

I'd like to try the places in Penge too. The pizza place in Dulwich Village is good too, although it gets incredibly noisy, which puts us off, and the range or pizzas is limited. Raff's 'Sofia' and 'Antonia' pizzas are as good as I've had anywhere on the planet.