SydTown@Blue Mountain

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

SydTown@Blue Mountain

Post by admin »

NB TIME & DATE CHANGE:

SUNDAY 11th NOVEMBER @ 3pm

To celebrate the opening of Blue Mountain and another chance for Forum members to meet each other. This week I would like to discuss the future of the website. Changes are a coming in 2008 and I would appreciate the maximum input.

One thing raised has been incorporating some streaming video content a la YouTube. With the proposal below for a RadioSyd - we could also have SydTV ..

Look forward to meeting you. Look for a pink FT to get the right table.

Admin
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Just to report that five of us met to sample the delights of the cafe.

Peter from the Radio Sydenham project was there and most of the discussion revolved around this potential development. As a result an extended article on the project will be appearing on this website shortly and, if all goes well, a podcast may follow within the week.

Admin
goonerchamp

Post by goonerchamp »

I hear lots of talk about supporting businesses in Sydenham - why not in that case do an England football team style "tour" of Sydenhams Cafes and pubs instead of this elitism of appearing to only have these events in the Blue Mountain/Dolphin.

thoughts ? :?:
choochoodriver

Post by choochoodriver »

I agree with Goonerchamp. Finally someone talking sense, all I ever hear on here is about some cafe opposite the old greyhound. And then its about the dolphin which is over priced and the service is not much to write home about, it seems sydenham is filling up with snobs and don't want to know about other places in sydenham.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Re cafes you may have missed my post:
http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8894

Re pubs you may have missed my post:
http://sydenham.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1320

If that makes me a snob then it suggests they have always been here - this one over twenty years.

Can we possibly be a bit more positive and friendly about things?

Admin