End Of Tenancy Clean

Living in Sydenham and looking for a gardener, flat or whatever? Advertise free here

Moderator: frenzarin

End Of Tenancy Clean

Postby Dom Johnston » 12 Oct 2018 10:58

Hi all,

I'm leaving ED for Sydenham in a couple of weeks and wondered if anybody could recommend a good end of tenancy cleaning company?

Cheers,

Dom
Dom Johnston

Re: End Of Tenancy Clean

Postby mosy » 16 Oct 2018 11:56

I used one (some time ago and not in Sydenham) that did a good job, although it was on a place that wasn't that dirty to begin with. Considering how costly it was, I reckoned I could just as easily have asked a cleaner. It'd be more worth the high cost if the place does need a deep clean jobbie.

I'm sorry I can't suggest any names, although if you do a search on "cleaner" in STF several domestic ones have been requested or advertised that might be available.
mosy

Postby Dom Johnston » 17 Oct 2018 15:16

Thanks Mosy. The Mrs has booked one in now.

It doesn't need a deep clean as we aren't really that messy, but I know some estate agents can be sticklers for trying to keep deposits so thought it would be worth the price.
Dom Johnston

Postby mosy » 18 Oct 2018 11:28

I have a feeling that the law on deposits changed a fair few years ago such that it's a lot harder now for deposits to be retained by landlords over piffling things. Even when they did that, a friend rented a place for only a short while yet they claimed an oil spill on the drive (that was already there beforehand) and, laughably, dirt on the inside of an airbrick vent. The friend successfully took them to small claims court. Hopefully yours should be plain sailing.

By the way, sugar soap is brilliant for easily removing stubborn dirt and grease. Buy at a hardware store (maybe some pound shops) as a liquid spray or a packet of powder that with water makes 10 Litres, costs about a fiver.
mosy

Return to Wanted