Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc

Moderator: frenzarin

Post Reply
Nic
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 Jul 2019 08:42

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by Nic » 5 Aug 2019 11:22

Hi, this is Nicola. There’s a lot of speculation on here about the existence of a police report/investigation, so I thought I’d tell you what I know. After having seen the statements about a police report/investigation on SE23.Life etc, I voluntarily contacted Lewisham MPS and Kent Police to assist with enquiries. I have now attended Lewisham Police station on three separate occasions and visited/spoken with Kent Police on three separate occasions. On each occasion, no record of any report against me was found on their systems. The last time I visited Lewisham Police station, with an independent witness last week, I took with me the documents posted by Dick on this thread above, and I was told that there was no record of the MPS letter ever having been sent and the person I spoke with at Lewisham MPS told me they believed that this letter was faked/doctored. On the basis of all these enquiries directly with MPS and Kent Police forces, I could only conclude that no report/investigation exists.

However, over the weekend new evidence has come to light from an independent source – not from Lewisham MPS or Kent Police – that indicates that a report of some sort may have been filed with Kent Police. The evidence is credible, although it is not clear, if it is true, who or what the report relates to. I therefore contacted Kent Police again over the weekend with this new evidence and provided them with all my personal details. I haven’t heard anything back from them yet, so I am still no clearer at present.

Despite the fact that all my enquiries with the police to date point to the conclusion that a report/investigation involving me does not exist, I intend to proceed on the basis that a report does exist, at least until I have received answers to the questions this latest evidence raises. I have therefore arranged to meet with a criminal solicitor this week to discuss next steps. In the meantime, it’s probably not helpful for people to continue the speculation on here. I, for one, am giving Chris the benefit of the doubt on this – I don’t think it’s any secret that we’re not best friends, but it’s hard to believe he would make false claims about the existence of a police report and investigation, so I am prepared to believe there is a reasonable explanation that doesn’t involve any wrongdoing on his part.

I have chosen to make this post today to put an end to the public speculation about the existence or otherwise of a police report/investigation. I won't be commenting further unless and until I receive factual information that I deem appropriate to share publicly.

rod taylor
Posts: 3868
Joined: 24 Jul 2011 22:32
Location: on the road

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by rod taylor » 5 Aug 2019 16:57

Well if we can’t comment on the actual case (and given we don’t know what the alleged crime is or who is, either the alleged victim, or perpetrator, I’m not sure how we can be prevented from talking about it - we don’t know what ‘it’ is)...

But at least nothing is stopping me from commenting on the legal procedure thus far, which strikes me as quite as random and nebulous process as a university ENTS committee run by stoned students.

Pally
Posts: 1457
Joined: 2 Aug 2014 05:38
Location: Sydenham

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by Pally » 6 Aug 2019 17:14

I have to agree with Robyn...not a wise idea on a public forum

JGD
Posts: 545
Joined: 5 Feb 2018 11:39
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (yup that's Catford)

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by JGD » 7 Aug 2019 19:01

Pally wrote:
6 Aug 2019 17:14
I have to agree with Robyn...not a wise idea on a public forum
In all circumstances that are normal - I could not but agree.

If however a community has a predator in its midst and it is selectively picking off victims, abusing them and chooses to hide its activity, the community is entitled to see an articulation of what behaviours are being used to achieve this.

You can draw your own conclusion if you have seen any comparison in the behaviours and events, whether you see yourself as a victim or as an observer.

And you must make a decision if you believe you can identify the perpetrator of the predatory behaviour.

That part is left to you.

FauxMensch2106
Posts: 2
Joined: 6 Aug 2019 14:50

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by FauxMensch2106 » 8 Aug 2019 10:43

I used to post here before moving out of area, my work computer doesn't let me google sync, so I've created a new username here.
I've posted on the dot life forums, and I've posted here. a while ago I got annoyed with the way the dot life forums were being run, so posted on here that I was leaving the other place. I then got a PM from CB on the other forums asking if I was the same person who was leaving, and asking why I was determined to undermine his forum, or words to that effect. There followed a series of PMs where he accused me of dirty tricks, and trying to bring down 'his forum', and asking why I'd not supported him when there were previous accusations (I can't remember the specifics now, but he was claiming to be the victim), and then I said that I was friends with Stuart and had got some information from him, and he basically said that I was wrong, and should chose my friends more carefully, and that no wonder I was against him as Stuart is a compulsive liar.
As I'd already moved away, I just started using all London based forum less, until I spent a weekend recently at my brothers in Forest Hill, and learnt about what had happened re CB & Flava Baker, and so came back to see what had occurred.

You do get to know the way certain people speak, use of certain words, phrases, etc, and sometimes it's just obvious that a new username is actually someone else you already know.

CB clearly can't be trusted to have any admin/access rights over peoples data. There are clearly GDPR issues that need sorting, but as he owns the dot life sites, that's not going to be easy to solve. I suspect the only way to stop him having those rights is to remove him somehow from having access, but the question is how? short of getting the service provider to pull the plug on the URLs, and starting over with someone else doing the sys/admin side of things, I can't see how to remove him.

(FauxMensch - formerly know as something else, but those who know, know, those who don't know, probably don't need to know, and can PM me if they'd like to know, and those that shouldn't know will work it out if they care to and really have got too much time on their hands)

rod taylor
Posts: 3868
Joined: 24 Jul 2011 22:32
Location: on the road

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by rod taylor » 8 Aug 2019 11:09

“CB clearly can't be trusted to have any admin/access rights over peoples data.”

...is really the take-home message from this whole affair.

Tim Lund
Posts: 6667
Joined: 13 Mar 2008 18:10
Location: Silverdale

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by Tim Lund » 10 Aug 2019 19:16

rod taylor wrote:
8 Aug 2019 11:09
“CB clearly can't be trusted to have any admin/access rights over peoples data.”

...is really the take-home message from this whole affair.
And the take home question is why you should trust Facebook, Twitter or Google further with your data than him.

DickWynne
Posts: 15
Joined: 21 Jul 2019 10:15

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by DickWynne » 10 Aug 2019 22:31

This whole business is just one aspect of the Faustian pact that is social media in all its forms.

I’m not on Facebook or Twitter; originally this was only because real life’s too short. But since reading The Age of Surveillance Capitalism (link below) I would never use them. It’s not just about the personal data we knowingly enter into these systems, but our online habits which are being tracked, analysed and sold to advertisers and political influencers. In short — we’re being farmed for all we’re worth.

Carol Cadwalladr (see her Ted talk below) is right to believe that free and fair elections may never again be possible, thanks to these addictive-by-design systems perpetrated by the big tech brats. Never a week passes without Facebook and Twitter whacking yet another subversive mole and saying piously ‘we must do better’ — and just this week YouTube is in the news for all the wrong reasons. This just isn’t good enough. These companies will never crack the problem, and we can’t afford to let them alone own it.

It doesn’t help that our politicians are either clueless or colluding in the problem themselves. A good start would be to make it illegal to collect the so-called ‘behavioural surplus’ data which is the life blood of the big tech companies and their subversive clients. Its price is just too high for all of us. Another essential is Proportional Representation. I know it was voted down a few years ago, but by golly that was then and this is now. PR would restore meaningful choice to the electorate, restore government by and for all the people, and weaken those who seek to polarise us.

We already have a 99% policy-free Brexit (so-called) Party which could, incredibly, win a general election under our fossil of a voting system. Why not a PR Alliance whose manifesto — in its entirety — is a) introduce PR; b) call a general election. To those who say it would lead to delay and more chaos — you are joking, right?!

Here endeth... etc. Sorry!

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/ ... off-review

https://www.ted.com/talks/carole_cadwal ... edcomshare

ETA: Full disclosure — I am politically to the left of Chris Beach :)

JGD
Posts: 545
Joined: 5 Feb 2018 11:39
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (yup that's Catford)

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by JGD » 11 Aug 2019 11:37

DickWynne wrote:
10 Aug 2019 22:31
ETA: Full disclosure — I am politically to the left of Chris Beach
As is the rest of humankind, along with their dogs, cats, asses and other sundry pets.

rod taylor
Posts: 3868
Joined: 24 Jul 2011 22:32
Location: on the road

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by rod taylor » 11 Aug 2019 11:44

Tim Lund wrote:
10 Aug 2019 19:16
And the take home question is why you should trust Facebook, Twitter or Google further with your data than him.
Well yes...personally I only use the last of those three (and very much for reasons of privacy), but I take your point. That question though, might be for another day.

Robin Orton
Posts: 3185
Joined: 9 Sep 2008 07:30
Location: London SE26

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by Robin Orton » 11 Aug 2019 12:01

I understand the need for online security. But I've never quite understood the mania for online privacy. I'm quite prepared to sacrifice a bit of privacy for the sake of the wonderful ads I get. Cheap funerals, hearing aids, single women over 50 in Lewisham... they've got me to a T!

Pally
Posts: 1457
Joined: 2 Aug 2014 05:38
Location: Sydenham

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by Pally » 11 Aug 2019 13:05

JGD wrote:
7 Aug 2019 19:01
Pally wrote:
6 Aug 2019 17:14
I have to agree with Robyn...not a wise idea on a public forum
In all circumstances that are normal - I could not but agree.

If however a community has a predator in its midst and it is selectively picking off victims, abusing them and chooses to hide its activity, the community is entitled to see an articulation of what behaviours are being used to achieve this.

You can draw your own conclusion if you have seen any comparison in the behaviours and events, whether you see yourself as a victim or as an observer.

And you must make a decision if you believe you can identify the perpetrator of the predatory behaviour.

That part is left to you.
JGD ...thinking about it again, I take your point! :)

JGD
Posts: 545
Joined: 5 Feb 2018 11:39
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (yup that's Catford)

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by JGD » 11 Aug 2019 21:00

Pally wrote:
11 Aug 2019 13:05
JGD ...thinking about it again, I take your point!
Thank you.

To know whatever may be at the root of this behaviour may not be much consolation to the individual victims.

Let us hope that the perpetrator responds to the many simple appeals made to him - STOP.

JGD
Posts: 545
Joined: 5 Feb 2018 11:39
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (yup that's Catford)

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by JGD » 12 Aug 2019 19:08

ForestHillNick on SE23.life has published pictures of his leeks.

Now this moderator on SE23.life has worked out his leek problem, perhaps he and his colleagues can restore the thread where Chris Beach confesses his wrongdoing. Chris Beach's alleged and leaked report has never produced any stated intention from MPS to investigate it (or was it MPS then Kent or MPS then Kent then MPS again).

ALL their fanciful machinations to hide behind the alleged police investigation have never stood on firm ground.

Let them now do the honest thing.

Restore the threads on SE23.life and SE26.life.

Let us see Chris Beach's self-confessed culpability.

Edited by JGD.
Last edited by JGD on 12 Aug 2019 21:56, edited 1 time in total.

Tim Lund
Posts: 6667
Joined: 13 Mar 2008 18:10
Location: Silverdale

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by Tim Lund » 12 Aug 2019 20:13

JGD wrote:
12 Aug 2019 19:08
ForestHillNick on SE23.life has published pictures of his leeks.
Leeks, eh? I think we can do better than that!

Image

topofthehill
Posts: 137
Joined: 16 Jun 2012 09:21
Location: london

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by topofthehill » 12 Aug 2019 21:58

Given the vitriol posted by some on this forum I am hardly surprised that an innocent post by leeks on another forum could turn into yet another attack on the se life forums, and of course CB
I hope that an apology will now be issued to CB about the accusations that the did not lodge a complaint with the police, as he clearly did, as evidenced by the remark that the police declined to investigate.
I asked admin to deactivate my account some time ago as, whatever the merits or otherwise, I feel it unacceptable that one or more forum members should feel entitled to act as prosecutor, judge, jury and executioner. The apparent intention to comply a dossier against CB is appalling.
As someone said, this forum has become very negative in the last year.
Whatever CB has or has not done, this is between him and the allegedly aggrieved and I'd be interested to know whether the accusers on this forum have a mandate to act on those allegedly aggrieved
There is just too much unpleasantness on this forum, much of it caused by those with personal axes to grind, and I want no more of it.

topofthehill
Posts: 137
Joined: 16 Jun 2012 09:21
Location: london

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by topofthehill » 12 Aug 2019 22:38

I note with interest that the post of JGD has been edited to delete his assertion that the police have declined to investigate CB's complaint.

JGD
Posts: 545
Joined: 5 Feb 2018 11:39
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (yup that's Catford)

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by JGD » 12 Aug 2019 22:51

Ann

You and I have spoken on this matter on this forum and in other places. You intervened personally and unbidden in an approach to my partner to request that I cease what you classed as being negative dialogue against CB.
topofthehill wrote:
12 Aug 2019 21:58
The apparent intention to comply a dossier against CB is appalling.
This comment however approaches the realms of irony.

CB is an inveterate compiler of lists of perceived infractions by individuals. Infractions of course that exist only in the mind of Chris Beach.

He has in the past posted examples of his compilations with accompanying threats that there will be consequences for the accused.

On this forum he posted a multi item charge sheet of the Chris Beach perceptions of my infractions. Was it 12 points or somewhere in the mid-teens?

Unfortunately for his laughable and malignant efforts it was deleted when he was given the bums-rush from this forum. A fate which seems to befall him regularly as he has been shown the door from a number of local forums.
topofthehill wrote:
12 Aug 2019 22:38
I note with interest that the post of JGD has been edited to delete his assertion that the police have declined to investigate CB's complaint.
Correct. It now states:
JGD wrote:
12 Aug 2019 20:13
Chris Beach's alleged and leaked report has never produced any stated intention from MPS to investigate it (or was it MPS then Kent or MPS then Kent then MPS again).

ALL their fanciful machinations to hide behind the alleged police investigation have never stood on firm ground.

topofthehill
Posts: 137
Joined: 16 Jun 2012 09:21
Location: london

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by topofthehill » 12 Aug 2019 23:38

John
I asked both your partner and then you face to face to call a truce. I asked this because you seemed even then to have some long standing vendetta with CB. This was many months before this episode with Nicola. I do not think it appropriate to bring our personal conversations on to this forum, but seeing you have done so, I have replied. I am sorry you have decided to make this personal.
I am not entering into any further discussion on the merits or otherwise or, indeed, any further discussion whatsoever.

As I said, and as other forum members have said, this forum has become negative and have asked why people can't be pleasant to each other.

As someone said on another forum, (not any of the .life forums) if you're not happy with a forum, don't use it, and I am taking that advice.

I am sorry after so many years of being a member, but I just do not need this kind of unpleasantness in my life.

topofthehill
Posts: 137
Joined: 16 Jun 2012 09:21
Location: london

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by topofthehill » 12 Aug 2019 23:43

PS I will not be replying to any more posts

Post Reply