Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Wear your anorak proudly here! The place to discuss website & forum developments, administration, wish-lists, bugs, abuse etc

Moderator: frenzarin

JGD

Re: Sockpuppets on t'other forum

Post by JGD » 13 Aug 2019 00:04

topofthehill wrote:
12 Aug 2019 23:38
John
I asked both your partner and then you face to face to call a truce. I asked this because you seemed even then to have some long standing vendetta with CB. This was many months before this episode with Nicola.
Almost but not quite Ann.

Your separate approaches happened some considerable time after Chris's conflict with Nicola started a few years ago. I recall nothing of the language of truce in your words - but as with everyone our memories can be imperfect.

And you repeat the Chris Beach mantra that anyone who has any disagreement with Chris, large, small or illusory must have a long standing vendetta against Chris.

For Chris can have it no other way. He has to be the perpetual victim.

As he demonstrated when he published his mea culpa about why he created his sock-puppet, Flava Baker. Chris justified it by stating he could not tolerate not knowing what Nic was doing and saying. Now there is a real and prime example of making it personal.

RJM

Post by RJM » 13 Aug 2019 10:35

I don't think CB is ever going to admit that he's secretly an unpleasant person and the extent of his duplicity. I am starting to wonder how useful continuing to discuss it is when nothing has changed. I absolutely think that this thread should remain up in case the situation changes, and as a record of what's happened, but I'm not sure it's being very helpful any more.

Something positive would be nice instead!

Homecroft

Post by Homecroft » 13 Aug 2019 13:36

On a positive note, I hear the dot life forums are pretty much CB free these days. Hopefully if nothing else, it will allow people to express themselves a little more openly, and have more discussion and conversation about things.

It's not all bad eh.

"Always look on the bright side of life, de-do, de-do, do-do-de-do-de-do"

Tim Lund

Post by Tim Lund » 15 Aug 2019 12:03

Homecroft wrote:
13 Aug 2019 13:36
On a positive note, I hear the dot life forums are pretty much CB free these days. Hopefully if nothing else, it will allow people to express themselves a little more openly, and have more discussion and conversation about things.

It's not all bad eh.

"Always look on the bright side of life, de-do, de-do, do-do-de-do-de-do"
That's good, but as with Mark Zuckerberg, the question is why Chris should continue to provide this public service.

JGD

Post by JGD » 15 Aug 2019 12:23

Tim Lund wrote:
15 Aug 2019 12:03
That's good, but as with Mark Zuckerberg, the question is why Chris should continue to provide this public service.
Excellent question.

For users who can still login to SE23.life, his login ID is sometimes spotted flashing below a post which states "Chris Beach is replying....." - although never a message appears. It would seem he is still lurking, might be planning a response then thinks better of it.

On SE26.life he accesses the board, makes posts and operates without the checks and balances applied by moderators, such as they may or may not be effective.

So how are we to know that the man has altered his behaviour? Has he selected his next target? How in these circumstances is his deceptive activity to be detected?

The situation as existed before meant he could silence his target at will. And if a protest were made - he would mis-characterise the target's activities as being vexatious toward him and his board. And the mods, believing his version, would do nothing.

So does Chris Beach believe that by carrying on, he will restore himself to a position of trust and then he can resume activities on a business as usual basis. It would seem these communities are powerless except for the power of voting with their feet (or keyboards).

ETA: You have to read and move fast on this one. A Chris Beach post from today on SE23.life has been spotted:

https://se23.life/t/plans-submitted-for ... hill/12852

Business as usual ?

And from the day before:

https://se23.life/t/sports-category/12839/6

Will he be attending Sylvan Post soon too?

RJM

Post by RJM » 16 Aug 2019 08:32

Apparently sad to miss it: https://se23.life/t/local-meet-up-sylvan-post/12679/53

His self-imposed "break" appears to be coming to an end.