recylcying site

Friendly chat, questions, reviews, find old friends or relatives. Not limited to Sydenham only issues but keep it civil!
fat_mike

recylcying site

Post by fat_mike »

Wonder where the nearest recylcing site to Sydenham, I live near Sydenham Station, which is Lewisham borough. So the Lewisham Recylcing site is in New Cross (Landman Way off Surrey Canal Road) and that's miles away, is there one closer that we can use or do they do address checks?
poppy

recycling

Post by poppy »

We use the one in Clock House (near Beckenham) it is far closer than New Cross. I'm pretty sure this is the one: http://www.bromley.gov.uk/environment/r ... _depot.htm
It would probably cost nearly £3 in petrol just to drive to New Cross and back!
Chrise

Post by Chrise »

The Beckenham recycling centre costs £3 for non Bromley residents. They have a machine that you purchase a ticket from and then you can use the recycling centre as many times as you want on that day. A lot cheaper and quicker than driving to the Lewisham one. It's about time Lewisham got another centre on this side of the borough.
marymck

Post by marymck »

There used to be one off Gypsy Hill - not sure if it's still there though.
Pat Trembath

Post by Pat Trembath »

It is in Rommany Road and is still there - I went this morning.

It is open 7.30 - 4 weekdays, and 8 - 5 at weekends. It says "for Lambeth residents only" and proof of home address may be asked for. I've never been asked for such proof.