Mail

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
cidersioux

Mail

Post by cidersioux »

Hi is anyone else not getting letters... its been a whole week now with no post. I am getting parcels from Royal mail but no letters and neither are anyone else in my house. I love on Sydenham Park Rd Forest Hill end?
angela53

Re: Mail

Post by angela53 »

Hi, we haven`t had any post either this week. I live near Penge East. It`s not good enough
cidersioux

Post by cidersioux »

No one has said anything and can't get anything up to find out who to ask.. waiting on some important letters
squashst

Post by squashst »

Am in Honor Oak and its the same. It was the same last year, parcels only, no letters for a week so I resorted to going to the Delivery Office to pick up the mail (taking passport and proof of address, I got the mail, only to find the posties were back the next day!). Aside from the fact that parcels seem to get priority, there may be Covid cases / isolating perhaps? Anyway, I'm off to the Delivery Office tomorrow.
alywin

Post by alywin »

I don't think we've had any post all week :(
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

I saw on the Sydenham facebook group that someone spoke to their postman and he said a lot were off either with covid or connections to people with covid so they are a bit short staffed at the moment.

I'm on Anerely Road Penge and have been getting post this week.
pip

Post by pip »

Where is Jack Nicholson when you need him.
lulu1

Post by lulu1 »

I haven’t received any parcels or post for a week now. Managed to speak to a postman today and he said they’ve got 27 people off with COVID at the Sydenham Sorting Office. Said you can go and collect letters but not packages as there is no way of finding them as there are mountains of them in the sorting office. He said it could take a long time before we revive our parcels. I have re-ordered some things which, with hindsight, was a silly thing to do as those new orders will also be delivered by Royal Mail..
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Post by JGD »

Not so long ago - or so it seems, the Christmas post was an opportunity for students to earn a little over the Christmas season.

Has that practice been stopped?

On the short term it may be expedient to resume it - perhaps to focus on the parcel mountains in our sorting offices.
pip

Post by pip »

So its down to ill Postinos.
gerry

Post by gerry »

Where is sydenham delivery office that I can collect post?
stuart

Post by stuart »

gerry wrote: 11 Dec 2021 15:04 Where is sydenham delivery office that I can collect post?
Forest Hill. It was merged with FHDO some years ago. It's off the Perry Vale car park. Opening times are on the failed delivery red card. Without that I wouldn't have much hope.

Stuart
alywin

Post by alywin »

Parker1970 wrote: 10 Dec 2021 09:53 I saw on the Sydenham facebook group that someone spoke to their postman and he said a lot were off either with covid or connections to people with covid so they are a bit short staffed at the moment.

That's because you're in SE20. Your sorting office is still off Maple Road, isn't it?
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

I’m in Sydenham and went to collect some letters from the FH sorting office. I got some recent letters but the stuff I’ve been waiting for since start of Dec had obviously not been sorted. Thursday is a long day opening 8-8 otherwise I’m not sure.
gerry

Post by gerry »

By chance, I have just had post delivered (on a Sunday)
in SE26
pip

Post by pip »

SIMONTREWIN

Post by SIMONTREWIN »

I went to Forest Hill depot and the very lovely guy on the front desk looked stressed. He said 50% of the staff were off with Covid and they were deluged with unsorted post. I asked a few more questions and he laughed and shrugged and said that they were doing their best but……
Parker1970

Post by Parker1970 »

alywin wrote: 12 Dec 2021 01:23
Parker1970 wrote: 10 Dec 2021 09:53 I saw on the Sydenham facebook group that someone spoke to their postman and he said a lot were off either with covid or connections to people with covid so they are a bit short staffed at the moment.

That's because you're in SE20. Your sorting office is still off Maple Road, isn't it?
I had no idea where my sorting office is as I only moved here two weeks ago, so thank you for letting me know :)

A more recent post from an admin on the Sydenham Facebook group:-
This is a Royal Mail status update. Due to Covid-19, there is a high shortage of staff including temporary Christmas workers. Just like NHS staff they are key workers, trying to get delivers out as quickly as possible. But SE 26 and possibly SE 23 are serverly effected by staff shortages. Even when I went to collect my post, a lorry from Croydon arrived, but it had to be turned away because the delivery office couldn't take it in. Even pillier boxes are getting full! So please bare it in mind before you post on here about no post delivered, you can collect your post from the Sorting Office as long as you have proof of I. D.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Sydenham is mentioned as a problem area on Royal Mail Service updates
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... a_id/12556 click on deliveries today to see the list.
stuart

Post by stuart »

syd-gal wrote: 22 Dec 2021 19:49 Sydenham is mentioned as a problem area on Royal Mail Service updates
https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app ... a_id/12556 click on deliveries today to see the list.
Ongoing with Omicron. Plus not just SDO but all our neighbours to the north:
https://www.newsshopper.co.uk/news/1982 ... isolation/