(Proper) Fibre Broadband now live in Sydenham

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
sydnami

(Proper) Fibre Broadband now live in Sydenham

Post by sydnami »

If you've had Community Fibre digging on your road recently, you may find you're now able to place an order for 'proper' Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) broadband. They have a six months free offer on at the moment, and cover speeds up to 1Gbps. I've seen them on the roads around the library over the last month, possibly further afield too. My order's in!
sydnami

Re: (Proper) Fibre Broadband now live in Sydenham

Post by sydnami »

Btw, if anyone fancies getting themselves - and me! - a £100 Amazon voucher when they sign up, please feel free to use this referral link.. https://communityfibre.co.uk/friends?re ... TfRte6SroW

Mods - please feel free to take this down if it breaks any rules..
syd

Post by syd »

sydnami wrote: 20 Dec 2021 11:10 If you've had Community Fibre digging on your road recently, you may find you're now able to place an order for 'proper' Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) broadband. They have a six months free offer on at the moment, and cover speeds up to 1Gbps. I've seen them on the roads around the library over the last month, possibly further afield too. My order's in!
Digging up roads in 2021 seems idiotic. Ill stick to wireless thanks
sydnami

Post by sydnami »

syd wrote: 20 Dec 2021 22:18 Digging up roads in 2021 seems idiotic. Ill stick to wireless thanks
Looks like they've been able to use existing BT ducts for most of it to avoid digging - neat, eh?
sydenhamgardener2

Post by sydenhamgardener2 »

I've just had community fibre installed. Installers really good and friendly.
Very fast too!
TeaAndCake

Post by TeaAndCake »

When did they lay the cables in your road? They laid the cables in our road a couple of months ago and their website still says "coming soon" to your area. Wondered how long after the initial work they need before being able to sign up. Cheers.
sydnami

Post by sydnami »

TeaAndCake wrote: 27 Jan 2022 16:34 When did they lay the cables in your road? They laid the cables in our road a couple of months ago and their website still says "coming soon" to your area. Wondered how long after the initial work they need before being able to sign up. Cheers.
If your place is served by a telegraph pole, look and see whether there is a new chunky black splitter box at the top of it. If that's present, you should find it's switched on very shortly. On our street, it was probably 6-8 weeks from the first work to the service being available to order.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Oh, so that's what they were. We were wondering.
perryman

Post by perryman »

sydnami wrote: 21 Dec 2021 11:57
syd wrote: 20 Dec 2021 22:18 Digging up roads in 2021 seems idiotic. Ill stick to wireless thanks
Looks like they've been able to use existing BT ducts for most of it to avoid digging - neat, eh?
What they have dug up is anything but neat. They've made a right mess of the pavement in perry vale.