Fox's pub

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
I hammer

Fox's pub

Post by I hammer »

Does anyone know what will become of the Fox's pub? {on Kirkdale}

I've always thought if it was done up nicely, it would be good a place to drink.
Pasta_P0cket

Re: Fox's pub

Post by Pasta_P0cket »

It is staying as a pub, was due to reopen in December (apparently) but clearly delayed. It's part of a small pub chain/group: https://towncentreinns.com/. Not expecting any food when it does reopen myself.
witchesrave

Post by witchesrave »

I live next door and have seen the plans. Fingers crossed it’s going to be a nice place to drink and get something to eat (they have changed the inside layout to fit a kitchen). Have repainted the front and are installing new, clear windows to make it more inviting. Let’s hope it works. Would be nice to have another place like The Greyhound & The Dolphin.
I hammer

Post by I hammer »

Yes, I agree, if done well, they will come!
Pasta_P0cket

Post by Pasta_P0cket »

witchesrave wrote: 14 Jan 2022 10:46 I live next door and have seen the plans. Fingers crossed it’s going to be a nice place to drink and get something to eat (they have changed the inside layout to fit a kitchen). Have repainted the front and are installing new, clear windows to make it more inviting. Let’s hope it works. Would be nice to have another place like The Greyhound & The Dolphin.
This sounds much better. The majority of the other pubs they own don't do food.
I hammer

Post by I hammer »

Does anyone know when it's due to open?
danstevens

Post by danstevens »

One of the builders told me July....
NawhalPA

Post by NawhalPA »

Scaffolding coming down today to reveal a rather splended metalworked arch over the door spelling out the Fox and Hounds. Pleasingly distinctive and a nice addition to quirky Kirky.
stuart

Post by stuart »

This is AFAIR the only pub in Sydenham I've never been in. Something to rectify methinks.

Stuart
I hammer

Post by I hammer »

Does anyone know of the exact opening date?
Pasta_P0cket

Post by Pasta_P0cket »

They have a facebook page with intermittent updates on it.

The latest (earlier this month) was that telecoms equipment needs to be removed from their roof by BT to enable roof repair to take place.
I hammer

Post by I hammer »

Doe anyone have any inside knowledge, as to when The Fox will open?
danstevens

Post by danstevens »

no, but it would be nice to know what's going on. There was a rumour about a dispute with the telecoms company that has mobile masts on the roof, preventing them carrying out roof repairs. But who knows!
NawhalPA

Post by NawhalPA »

Open, serving cold beers and hot pizza. Sounds like the issues that delayed opening are affecting the kitchen, but they plan to serve a full menu in due course. Small patio garden out back which gives space for prams. Big windows make it a pleasant place to while away a few hours.