Sydenham Hill/Penge East rail closure

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Sydenham Hill/Penge East rail closure

Post by stuart »

A reminder there will be no services on the SouthEastern line between Saturday 23rd July & Sunday 31st July. The track in the tunnel is being replaced.

Stuart
alywin

Re: Sydenham Hill/Penge East rail closure

Post by alywin »

So, it's started. Network Rail supposedly coordinates all these works, yes? So that's why there'll be no trains on the Sydenham line today *either* - and services will close early on that line all week, as well :( So basically the nearest rail line into London that will be working full-time (apart from strikes, of course), is the Hayes line. The replacement bus service goes straight past Clock House station, which is on that line, but doesn't stop to offer an interchange.

Not exactly joined-up thinking, is it?
angela53

Post by angela53 »

Update taken from National rail website.

"There is still some work in the tunnel to be completed by Network Rail, which means that our trains will run at a reduced speed through Penge tunnel from Monday 1 to Sunday 7 August"

"There will be some changes to our services during this time and some stations will have a less frequent service"

I notice not all trains are stopping at every station.
alywin

Post by alywin »

Thanks for the warning - anything's better than hopping on a train to Kent House only to find you go non-stop to Beckenham Junction :(

I know the works have been affected by two days of rail strikes, but generally I'm unimpressed by the way Network Rail has handled all this.

And what do they mean about some stations having a less-frequent service? We're already on 50% of normal :(