Hmm plans for new trees while they chop down existing ones?

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
tigerfeet

Hmm plans for new trees while they chop down existing ones?

Post by tigerfeet »

is anyone else concerned about the de-leafing of Kinver Road? I bought my flat due to the peaceful road and tree lined view from my garden. Over the past week several back gardens (neglected for years) have been cleared of all vegetation including many trees. Is this fine with the council I wonder? did they have permission?

I have it in good authority that it is a plan to build flats on the plot; by the same crew who built the incongruous house by the railway line. What conservation area??

Is there anything i can do to about this? although the trees are now gone....
Big Ben

Post by Big Ben »

The officer responsible for trees at Lewisham is Sheila Yates - her email address is sheila.yates@lewisham.gov.uk You could contact her to check whether the various householders had permission and whether or not any of the trees have (or had!) Tree Protection Orders. Which is the incongruous house - and what is the street name and number of the plot where there may be houses built? If you have that info, it is possible to search Lewisham's online planning database for planning applications. If you haven't got time to do this, post the details here and I'll take a look at the database.
tigerfeet

Post by tigerfeet »

thank you.

i have had a look lewisham plannning and can see the permission granted for the house built (pre conservation), but nothing posted up there waiting for planning permission along the cleared plots. They are opposite the railway line - so not clear who would own them.
paget76

Post by paget76 »

Can you be more specific with which area you are talking about? I used to live on Sydenham Park Road, with a rear view partly on to Peak Hill houses, partly on to Kinver Road, and partly onto the empty area by the railway lines. If that's the area you mean then it's complicated, but I might be able to help a little! And I can confirm that there definitely are some tree preservation orders around there.
tigerfeet

Post by tigerfeet »

yes, it's the gardens down the length of kinver road facing the railway station along the london bridge platform. There are now some empty water tanks and large black tubes from the cleared gardens now cascading onto the pavement.
paget76

Post by paget76 »

Ah, sorry - don't know about that bit... Good luck, though!