Sydenham DO strike breaking

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
stuart

Sydenham DO strike breaking

Post by stuart »

Got a Royal Mail email this morning saying a parcel would be delivered today. The surprise was it arrived.

Not by our postman, not in a Royal Mail van but in an unmarked black van. I assume the Forest Hill/Sydenam DO managers hired in strike breakers who crossed picket lines. I could have waited a day. Instead I'm deeply embarrassed as my son in law is supporting a picket line elsewhere. This isn't the way to foster good industrial relations.

Stuart
dcjprior

Re: Sydenham DO strike breaking

Post by dcjprior »

Imagine being deeply embarrassed that an essential public service works for you.

A round of applause to the gentleman in the black van who delivered your parcel.

We haven't had any post whatsoever in...weeks?
stuart

Post by stuart »

We are fortunate to have two excellent posties who go the extra mile. They deserve better.

If you are not getting regular post - your issue is surely with RM management. Maybe you are experiencing similar treatment as their own staff.

Stuart
alywin

Post by alywin »

Think we've had maybe one postal delivery in the last couple of weeks. I had to ring my credit card provider to let them know my statement still hadn't arrived :(

Is there a particular problem with the Sydenham/Forest Hill side (again)? Maybe I should get my post rerouted to friends in Penge.
stuart

Post by stuart »

We got delivery again on a strike day. In RM uniform this time so a strike-breaker?

Looks like DO manager must live in our road.

Stuart
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

We've not had any post in about 3 weeks, is anyone else experiencing the same thing in se26?

I fully support postal workers and the blame for the lack of post is with the royal mail executives. Curious when the cost of negotiations and pay rises will actually outstrip the damage cause by the strikes, shame we don't hear about that?
RubyE

Post by RubyE »

We've not had any post for a long time. The last time we did receive post, if was after another long period of not receiving post and we got a bundle. Our postman is great and use to deliver regularly up to about August/September so I don't blame him. And it is the same chap who is doing our deliveries. There's something not quiet right before he gets the mail for delivery.

As for the strike breaker. Probably management who isn't a union member and has decided to deliver their neighbours' mail when they're on their way home.

Fully support the strikes!
Ronski

Post by Ronski »

Had some post on Sunday so I think they are starting on the backlog but still missing post from weeks ago
Just John

Post by Just John »

At Christmas it is quite normal for the Royal Mail to employ contractors to deliver a proportion of the mail, especially parcels. My late father used to contract his van for this purpose.

Those private contractors will not be on strike. They are not strike breaking.

Worth finding out the facts before rushing into print.
GuineaPig

Post by GuineaPig »

Are you able to just go to the sorting office and pick up any undelivered mail?
Jollylolly

Post by Jollylolly »

I have not had letters since late November/early December. Still get parcels. I went to sorting office today and there were no letters in the frame, which means it hasn’t been sorted yet. I’m in lower Sydenham.
syd-gal

Post by syd-gal »

Have had no post since early Dec. Also in Lower Sydenham.
Sideofham

Post by Sideofham »

stuart wrote: 9 Dec 2022 13:22 Got a Royal Mail email this morning saying a parcel would be delivered today. The surprise was it arrived.

Not by our postman, not in a Royal Mail van but in an unmarked black van. I assume the Forest Hill/Sydenam DO managers hired in strike breakers who crossed picket lines. I could have waited a day. Instead I'm deeply embarrassed as my son in law is supporting a picket line elsewhere. This isn't the way to foster good industrial relations.

Stuart
Stuart, by refusing to accept the parcel from a "scab" and sticking to your principles you made a strong stand. A lot of folk talk the talk about supporting strikers but aren't prepared to face sacrifice when the 💩hits the fan but you were by obviously refusing the delivery. You LEGEND 🙏