Monopole telecoms mast application at Bell Green

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
JRW

Monopole telecoms mast application at Bell Green

Post by JRW »

An application is live for a monopole telecoms mast with a clutter of cabinets at the corner of Bell Green and Sydenham Road. It will sit against the wall of the Sydenham Green Health Centre's green space, where pavement width is constricted.

If you have time, please can you do a brief objection?
I have already submitted: "I wish to object strongly to this application, on behalf of the Bell Green Neighbourhood Forum. The grounds are that it will obstruct the pavement at an already constricted point, and will be overbearing in the streetscape in an area where attempts are being made to improve the environment."

These are two crucial legitimate objections, on which Lewisham has previously acted.

You can submit an objection online, or email planning@lewisham.gov.uk, citing application number DC/23/131735, your specific objections, and your full postal address.

https://planning.lewisham.gov.uk/online ... ab=summary
JGD
Location: Perry Hill, SE6 (free-transferred to Perry Vale Ward, next to Bell Green; distinct from Sydenham).

Re: Monopole telecoms mast application at Bell Green

Post by JGD »

Done.
I wish to object to this application.

The selected location is an already narrow footpath which is a choke point for pedestrians, pram users and wheelchair users.

The installation will unnecessarily further obstruct this section of pavement.

It may be anticipated that the installer deems this equipment to be essential to the provision and updating of efficient network services in the area.

However, alternative suitable locations are present and these alternatives will not diminish the efficacy of the installation's purpose.

It is requested that the Council require the applicant to apply some good quality design principles and direct the applicant to select a better location that will thereby obviate the creation of obstructions on pavements.