STF Social Meet this Sunday 22nd

The place for serious discussion, announcements and breaking news about Sydenham
admin
Site Admin

STF Social Meet this Sunday 22nd

Post by admin »

Hi,

By popular demand all are invited to our next social this Sunday June 22nd. Midday at The Dolphin.

If its nice then in the garden. The usual pink FT will mark the culprit's table as newcomers are especially welcome. The objective is as good a time as possible compatible with attempting to disable as many of the Dolphin's staff as possible ahead of the cricket match the following Tuesday.

Admin
Last edited by admin on 23 Jun 2008 08:35, edited 1 time in total.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

If i said I was going to come along, would this dissuade others from turning up?

Did I hear right, that Admin is getting the first round in?

Alib
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

Would like to come, but am playing cricket.

If we knock them out early I might pop in, but it will be late arvo.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

I shall be goading the Dolphin staff (though not too much, because I want to be served) about the cricket to see if we can give the game some edge.

Alib
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

It looks like it's you and me admin, ..three's a crowd anyway.

Does this count as a date? :wink:

Alib
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

i'll text you after my cricket match if we knock them over early.

if you're still int eh pub and pie-eyed then I'll come over.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

ALIB wrote:Does this count as a date? :wink:
OMG. With Lambshops threatening to make this a threesome this could be the Scandal of Sydenham.

So how do we persuade nobody else to turn up ;-)

Admin
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

It will be a Sunday roast!
leenewham

Post by leenewham »

Yeah: Pork.
mosy

Post by mosy »

admin wrote:
ALIB wrote:Does this count as a date? :wink:
OMG. With Lambshops threatening to make this a threesome this could be the Scandal of Sydenham.

So how do we persuade nobody else to turn up ;-)

Admin
OK, I won't turn up then, as above persuaded. Unless I might be the one who looks like Inspector Clouseau in an, er, inconspicuous mac with hidden camera who's tripping over the planters...

I'll try to pop in if I can, though it's taken me twenty years to figure out the offside rule... (<-- pretending I actually have). Can I look intelligent do you think with a sprinkling of technical jargon like LBW and at the crease (whatever that means)? I do know that cricket is the one where they use flat bats though. Does anyone recall that "what happened next?" moment in a test match, when his bat kinda disintegrated? Doh! Given arguments about footie refereeing currently, I'm not sure how I'd have called that one as an umpire...
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

Hmm a Sunday spit roast sounds tempting.

I am more of a giver than a taker.......

Alib
Juwlz

Post by Juwlz »

Would love to join you (err..I think), but its my street's annual garden party today. Hope you have fun anyway... see you another time.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

I really enjoyed the hour or so I spent in the Dolphin. Thanks to the people i met, though the language got a bit technical after a few shandies..

A very nice way to spend a lazy Sunday afternoon. I hope that more little get togethers can be planned during the Summer.

The videos of todays events are now on Youtube. Search under "adult entertainment"

Alib
mosy

Post by mosy »

Hi. Me and my mac popped in at just after 3pm but it seems I missed you. Aw... I asked the young man behind the bar and his face broke into a grin and he kindly went to have a looksee in the garden. It's been a lovely day so far hasn't? I hope you all enjoyed the occasion and I'll look forward to meeting you on another occasion :)

Good luck with the cricket match.
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

Sorry I couldn't make it.

After a loooong day in teh field I had no bodily fluids left.
ALIB

Post by ALIB »

unlucky for the laydeeez
mosy

Post by mosy »

ALIB: My bad. I should have gone to Specsavers, so could have put my makeup on in half the time... and seen the clock...

I've put it to my son (who's not bad at cricket and works in Dulwich) as to whether we (he) might like to hang around when I collect him on Tuesday. I'll learn tomorrow. Is there parking at the venue please? Ta.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There is a meet at the Dolphin 5.30pm tomorrow with spaces in cars for spectators, scorers leaving at 5.40pm.

Admin
lambchops

Post by lambchops »

Mosy, there's loads of parking at the ground, and if that's full due to the crowds then there's parkign int he pub over the road.

Be good to see you there, and meet your son too.
mosy

Post by mosy »

Thanks lambchops and admin I've warned my son that we might have to fight our way through the crowds to get a decent spectator viewing position. Me and my mac might arrive anyway after I've finished taxi-ing. Hope so. :)